All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: The December Desolation of Smaug release thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Why is there so little evil in the Hobbit? That's what I blame for the lack of evil figures. It's hard being evil sometimes. Not that the new releases aren't lovely models of course, but why couldn't they have main a little more villainous? I know the Master & Alfred aren't nice blokes but they're not exactly purest evil.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:22 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yeah we need more evil.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Why is there so little evil in the Hobbit? That's what I blame for the lack of evil figures. It's hard being evil sometimes.

I am a fan of PJ's evil LOTR/hobbit forces myself. The movie sets itself up to allow for more evil yet they keep finding ways to develop more of the characters (and there are a lot of characters here, 14 in the party alone) I totally expected to have the WK show up in twilight form or in some other new form (the black riders were a disguise so why not another), we saw the tombs, Gandalf went to Dol Gulor and faced the Necromancer. Azog had no business being there, the 9 can order the orcs to march. Bolg ends up being a tacked on villain instead. So, I vote for sure on more real evil characters or villains.
I want to see Beorne actually do something in Bear form, he better get some orc thrashing screen time or I may have to stand up in the theater, pour my pocorn on the floor and walk out. Just kidding.

Back on topic. Looking over the release more, the Laketown guard do look really good, so I can see why poeple would want them and because the stats allow them to be fielded cheaply some may want large amounts to make a theme army. So the against them being Fine cast argument has some valid points. I don't think it was intended that way, I think that GW made the models, assumed it would be another army 'addition' or filler as a guard and made blister molds. And then separately you have rule guys deciding that "they are not as good as so and so, not as potent in this stage as these guys so stats and points are this." I don't think they had "horde Army" in mind, they are surely not as populated as goblins. I expect there will be a Wind Lance coming (now shown in two films and will definitely be in the third), I expect to have a new Bard in the next film, The Blue banner of the Lake and the Green banner of The Elven King, I dare not hope for Bilbo in elven armor as in the book (but that would be awesome), I am not sure how true to the books PJ will be, so trumpeters are doubtful (mentioned in the book) and the messenger who has a shield that is shot at I doubt will be in the film. I expect that Laketown will have more added to it, since they fight BOTFA with Mirkwood, I think there will be many options for points spending in a Laketown army to come.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51