All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Release Rumours & Smaug
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:51 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Actually that makes a lot of sense, the last you may order from GW for this year (with standard delivery) is 13/12 and with fastest 18/12.
So i pretty much doubt they will release new models as pre-orders at 13 while they close the store for holidays the same day.

Armies:Fiefdoms, Eastern Kingdoms
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:23 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Creaky wrote:
I would imagine they were referring to pre-orders. No point having WD without Pre-Orders for something, right? That'd give us the last releases on the 20th, with no WD or pre-orders till new year.

Could be wrong, of course, but I can't envision WD without it advertising something. It's not like it does much else, unless it's entirely consumed by the SBG rules, which it would seem not to be.

Sorry, should have been clearer, yes that was the gist of it. WD 46 on the 13th would be the last WD of the year and contain the last pre-orders.

Fingers crossed for something for Evil side on the 13th. The 'baddies' have only had Smaug (impressive as the model is, the playability offers little to those of us who are looking to augment existing evil armies) troll catapults, bolg, the nine, the necromancer are all on my wish list.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:00 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm going to guess next week is Dain and the Iron Hills Dwarves, mainly due to the teaser for the WD being "an unexpected ally". I'm guessing that word choice is deliberate.

Hopefully evil gets a couple of weeks worth of stuff next year, though. My hope is for a "battle" wave consisting of Bolg, Trolls and other forms of Orcs from the trailers. Followed by a Dol Guldur wave with the Necromancer, the Nine and maybe new White Council sculpts. Gandalf needs a horse and a new staff, at any rate. It seems Elrond might actually show up to Dol Guldur without any troops, which I confess to being disapointed by as I was hoping for new foot Rivendell Elves, but not to worry.

This has been a pretty good release, honestly, with the lack of plastic being the only real downside. Not exactly lacking in breadth of content, and Smaug means potentially anything is on the cards. Should be seeing some WD release lists leaking in the next day or two, so fingers crossed!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm hoping for Dain and his mates next week, my wallet and paintbrushes are getting anxious. If we get plastic dwarves, fanastic, if not there are always the WoE and GH for me to fall back on. I'm more interested in the heroes, Dain specifically.

So stoked for the next White Dwarf!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GW says mid to late January is when more Smaugs are expected to be available for those interested.

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:56 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There are all great releases, just a shame that none of them are plastic.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:26 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Im usually first to be critical of these minis coming out, but since the elf set, its been nothing but gold.

The lake town men are some of the most beautifully designed and sculpted pieces from GW yet.

Theyre clearly supporting the hobby to an extent. At least theyve worked on the stuff. Too bad I cant blow money on them. Id love to have 2 warbands of militia just for their look. And I always talk about the stats haha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

yea goblin stats :P
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I have to say I'm shocked at the amount of Mini's we are getting. The only issue is the ridiculous cost.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Xintao wrote:
I have to say I'm shocked at the amount of Mini's we are getting. The only issue is the ridiculous cost.

Yep. And the quality on the sculpts is fabulous, unfortunately I just cant afford to spend £60 to get one playable unit. I am just getting a few here and there for the display shelf, for playable units I will continue to convert plastics from LotR/Hobbit and Historical minis.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Why are there no rumors about a starter set? :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Xintao wrote:

Yeah same here. Honestly I can almost say I'm proud of g w.

If it weren't for the prices. I'd probably be comfortable buying boxes of a warband of these guys for up to $55 but the current prices just aren't good enough.

And willow probably no starter set hahahah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Presumably because there isn't one.

Speaking of rumours - have we just been getting lucky and early the past few weeks, or are we a day or two late with the WD/Retail lists leaking? I keep having a snoop around various rumoury sites, but there's nothing anywhere.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:48 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Oldman Willow wrote:
Dale scenery set for 3 ruined buildings, 20 plastic Laketown Militia/refugees led by Bard from the rulebook (apparently plastic), 30 plastic Gundabads led by new Bolg and armoured Azog, 1 trollapult, 12 plastic Mirkood Elves led by Thranduil on stag and a plastic armoured Thorin's Company. 100 quid. Limited edition contains additional plastic Smaug. You heard it here first...*

*Take with oceans' worth of salt, and then some. Would be nice though!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

No starter set? Is this just speculation or have you actually heard something.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:52 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Oldman Willow wrote:
Dale scenery set for 3 ruined buildings, 20 plastic Laketown Militia/refugees led by Bard from the rulebook (apparently plastic), 30 plastic Gundabads led by new Bolg and armoured Azog, 1 trollapult, 12 plastic Mirkood Elves led by Thranduil on stag and a plastic armoured Thorin's Company. 100 quid. Limited edition contains additional plastic Smaug. You heard it here first...*

Sounds like a wish list. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I don't know anything for a fact, but I just can't see it happening (and didn't see it happening before the releases, either, but the releases convinced me). No plastic, no sourcebook and limited edition goblin town still in stock. With around 100 copies of DOS sold worldwide, there's literally no point. Add to that the way that the game is on a one way trip to cancellation, they don't have much incentive to encourage people to start, when they could be starting 40k or WFB instead.

I'd like to be wrong, obviously, but I have no idea why anyone could still hope for one now. It was a slim chance a year ago, and it's non-existent now.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Probably would have happened by now. People just assumed it would follow the LOTR arrangement of one set per film.

Post subject: EFGT set
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I felt that the goblins and goblin king held that set down. If they had a plastic Yazneg instead with hunter orcs, then maybe that set would be more worth while than it is.

As for having a set per film it would've made sense, but GW isn't really backing Hobbit a whole lot in the first place especially if sells are the way Creaky says they are. We're likely not going to see any extended releases once BotFA runs its course, this may very well be the last hoorah. AUJ was limited 2 or 3 months of releases, DoS even less so. I'm not expecting anything different after the BotFA wave. Lotr range continued with new releases long after RotK, here the Perry twins are already released from their contract.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You know, you might be right about that. I can't say the Goblin king is screaming 'buy me, buy me' to me.

As for the current range, I have the feeling this will be the swan's song of it.

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
Oldman Willow wrote:

Now, that's one set I would not mind getting!

But based on GWs current released, with the limited edition with Smaug, aren't you sure you've forgotten a 0 in the price? :-D
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next