All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Desolation of Smaug release thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Quote:
Dogs standing on their hind legs laying a table, two elements from the book that PJ has wisely, IMO, eschewed.

I haven't read the books in a few years now, where was this scene?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:33 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Beorn's servants are animals.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/11 ... use-in-3d/
It is a childrens book.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:34 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well, EFGT has been the best starter set since MOM. But as for starter sets go, boring 1 army type vrs another army type has been normal. ROTK was just MT warriors vrs Orcs, not much variety, so Elves Vrs Spiders is not all that boring, I still don't think that will be the case. I absolutely don't think it will be spiders, orcs, elves, heroes and all the variety some hope for either, that would be cutting off some guaranteed sales of warrior boxes. I just can't wait to see what they do release the first month, I don't expect a lot, but whatever it is will be cool.
I wish they had made armor goblins (who knows they may yet as they were not all killed off and are still a potential enemy), some did have what looked like shell armor on, and bow goblins. filling out the force would have just made sense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:42 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I wish they had made armor goblins (who knows they may yet as they were not all killed off and are still a potential enemy), some did have what looked like shell armor on, and bow goblins. filling out the force would have just made sense.[/quote]

Good call Sithious! We may find that that the Goblins were very much surprised and reacting to unexpected intruders. I we may well see goblin town goblins arrayed for battle in armour at the battle of the five armies. I suspect that we will see more unarmoured goblins a la goblin town who are clambering all over the mountain in the same battle!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The goblins weren't at war, they were just bringing in prisoners. Perhaps we'll see armoured goblins at Five armies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:28 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I hoped the whole time since I saw the goblins that they would be at the battle of the five armies. About the smaug thing with the legs... I want a four-legged dragon!!! Not another one with only two! There are far too many of two legged ones.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

So they altered the Smaug scene. OCD me is very mad about having the 'wrong/old' hobbit blu-ray disc now. :(

Next up: "Martin Freeman replaced by Hayden Christensen in ghost scene!"

I hope there's a starter set, those are the only ones that still excite me. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Won't the BOFA movie be out is August? I sure there will be some speculation if there will be a starter set then. I am truly surprised no one has thought of that yet :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The third film's coming out Christmas 2014

Free SBG fanzine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29569
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:27 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Oldman Willow wrote:
Won't the BOFA movie be out is August? I sure there will be some speculation if there will be a starter set then. I am truly surprised no one has thought of that yet :?

BOFA is due for release in July 2014

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The third film was originally due for summer 2014, but then changed to Christmas 2014. Or have they changed it back to summer again?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

There and Back again is definitely coming out Christmas 2014, it's been that way for over a year now. As Farmer Maggot says it was originally Summer 2014 but moved to Christmas soon after the move to three films was announced.

Bilbo wrote:
I suspect that we will see more unarmoured goblins a la goblin town who are clambering all over the mountain in the same battle!

I wouldn't be so sure. I think PJ's gone to quite some lengths to position the Goblin Town goblins as a subterranean race with their own agenda, not linked to the wider political landscape.

I'd wager good money that it'll be Azog/Bolg and the Hunter/Gundabad/Dol Guldur orcs that we see at the BOFA - I think we've seen the last of the Goblin Town goblins.

I also don't mind them not having bows in SBG, we only see about 5 goblins with bows out of several hundred (thousand?) in the goblin town sequence. It's hardly their dominant weapon. I think it's nice to differentiate between the different armies on the tabletop and I think the Goblin Town list is a unique, fluffy and competitive list as it stands (particularly when boosted by some Troll/Hunter orc allies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
There and Back again is definitely coming out Christmas 2014, it's been that way for over a year now. As Farmer Maggot says it was originally Summer 2014 but moved to Christmas soon after the move to three films was announced.

All I can find are the July dates :roll: Any one have the link to the new/old /new dates? I seemed to have missed that.

Never mind found it. X men come on :-X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

For some torturous reason I like to believe that scenes filmed are 'going somewhere'. So I like to think that the Goblin King sent the scribe off to report to the pale orc in his location of Gundabad. They could not know that he was hot on the dwarf trail and already knew they entered the mountains so they were going round to head them off. So the scribe is going somewhere and I would and will only guess that Bolg is left in charge back at home. So these Goblins may peek out again.
As for armor versions, in the books they don armor and guard the door out and Bilbo has to slip past them. Since GW has in the past shown that they often tie in the book stuff to the film stuff, I was hoping they would make a few elites, even if they used the ones you can spot in the actual film. As for bow armed goblins, How many Uruk hai crossbows did you see on film shooting? Exactly, a very small percentage of the actual force, so yes, bring on my few gobs with bows even if they are worthless in the game, I want the models. 8)
Of course I really want all those orcs too, just bring on a bunch of evil orcs and goblins and keep the elves to a minimum and the giant bears to 1 as is proper.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2310332/?ref_=nv_sr_3

And here's the story on Empire when the news broke back in February (more recently than I remembered):

http://www.empireonline.com/News/story.asp?nid=36663

A quick Google search will turn up loads of other articles confirming it. If only it was as easy to find news on GW's release plans... :-D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sithious wrote:
I like to think that the Goblin King sent the scribe off to report to the pale orc in his location of Gundabad...So the scribe is going somewhere and I would and will only guess that Bolg is left in charge back at home. So these Goblins may peek out again.
As for armor versions, in the books they don armor and guard the door out and Bilbo has to slip past them...As for bow armed goblins, How many Uruk hai crossbows did you see on film shooting? Exactly, a very small percentage of the actual force, so yes, bring on my few gobs with bows even if they are worthless in the game, I want the models

Good points all, particularly the crossbow argument. I may not entirely agree with you but I sincerely hope you're right - the more models the merrier! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Hill-Troll wrote:
I hoped the whole time since I saw the goblins that they would be at the battle of the five armies. About the smaug thing with the legs... I want a four-legged dragon!!! Not another one with only two! There are far too many of two legged ones.

I might be in the minority here but I much prefer a Wyvern-dragon than one of those old-fangled insectoid-dragons with 6 limbs. I'm relieved Smaug is going to be a one of the former.

I agree with Sithious that they need as many different Orcs as they can possibly get. However, this time round, I don't think they will deviate from the films at all, don't think they're allowed too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:31 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'd wager good money that it'll be Azog/Bolg and the Hunter/Gundabad/Dol Guldur orcs that we see at the BOFA - I think we've seen the last of the Goblin Town goblins.

That's not a bad thing to my way of thinking, as I hope that we will constantly see new stuff. I also like the Goblin Town list without bows as I enjoy its unstopable hoard fighting style which makes it stand out from the typical shield wall with spear support and covering bow fire.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

So the scribe is going somewhere and I would and will only guess that Bolg is left in charge back at home.

I like that idea as well, on a comic note he could be throwing a party and staying up late whilst Daddy is away!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:47 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I just figured that Azog was following their trail, and the Scribe sent a goblin messenger to find him. As its a movie, the unknown messenger found him with no problem, giving Azog an idea of which way to approach from, just in case the dwarves got away. I don't reckon the Scribe's message will reappear, or lead to anything else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next