All times are UTC

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: NEW release LOTR models
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:57 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Easterlings look great. So let me get this straight, if the great beast does not stick together, then put it in warm water and then it'll beable to bend so i can make sure that it is fixed? And a guarentee of no detail loss or strength loss?

I tried this on my Uruk Berserkers, it didn't work out 100% (the sword is now just bent, where it was folded almost 90 degrees), but there was no loss of detail (and, as far as I know, of strength).

:puppy:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Draugluin wrote:
Would it be possible to convert one of the dead models to be a drummer without it looking ridiculous?

The dead figure might look a bit strange converting to an upright figure as it is very flat with the feet pointing down. I just cut an old broken plastic Easterling in half, much simpler.

By the way the mounted War Priest is a slightly larger scales than the other models!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Maermaethor wrote:
Do the Easterlings need a specific hero to upgrade to F4? I'm thinking of buying the mounted Dragon Knight at the same time as my books, but if I need Amdur or someone else for F4, I'll get that instead.

No, you do not need a specific hero to unlock the Black Dragon upgrade, it's in both the foot Easterlings' and Cataphracts' basic options. The problem is thouh: the Dragon Knight is an independent hero and may not lead a warband. So you'll need another hero to lead your guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Easterlings look great. So let me get this straight, if the great beast does not stick together, then put it in warm water and then it'll beable to bend so i can make sure that it is fixed? And a guarentee of no detail loss or strength loss?

I've had no detail loss or strength loss, it's just pretty much like there were no casting issues initially. It fits together as well as any plastic kit.

Edit: I've been working on the beast today and it is a bit of a pain with mold lines and such. I'm hoping to finish assembling and begin painting tomorrow. In the meantime, I just finished Ashrak today if anyone's interested, pics in my blog: http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=21330&p=264402#p264402
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I picked up the Gondor Commanders box myself and there weren't many issues. Just a little of the "shiny pit" syndrome on the Knight and the Captain on the underside of the cloaks where it is not remotely visible when based. The sword on the Knight was also a little bendy as was the sword on the hornblower. The banner was perfect. That being said, I was a REALLY nice guy today in helping out a kid just getting into the game. I saw him putting together a box of WoMT and offered him the Captain and the Banner since I already have the box in metal and WELL enough banners and Captains.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think you just converted him into the game lol.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

lordgoober wrote:
I picked up the Gondor Commanders box myself and there weren't many issues. Just a little of the "shiny pit" syndrome on the Knight and the Captain on the underside of the cloaks where it is not remotely visible when based. The sword on the Knight was also a little bendy as was the sword on the hornblower. The banner was perfect. That being said, I was a REALLY nice guy today in helping out a kid just getting into the game. I saw him putting together a box of WoMT and offered him the Captain and the Banner since I already have the box in metal and WELL enough banners and Captains.

"Shiny pit syndrome"?

And wow, that is very nice of you, especially considering how expensive GW's models are these days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:32 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

oh. he did give me a gift card with $17 on it so it was relatively close to an even split and I ended up turning that GC into most of a Betrayer's cost.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Battalia wrote:
As far as I understand it, it is quite litterally mix and match. So for pure demonstration purposes, you could have the dragon knight lead 6 kats, 5 kands, and a easterling all in the same warband. Only limit is it can only be a troop type from their list. So you can't have aragorn with dwarves in his list.

Alright, thanks. I was scared for a while that all my elites that I only have 6 of would require one hero each.

Zogash wrote:
No, you do not need a specific hero to unlock the Black Dragon upgrade, it's in both the foot Easterlings' and Cataphracts' basic options. The problem is thouh: the Dragon Knight is an independent hero and may not lead a warband. So you'll need another hero to lead your guys.

That sucks. I guess I will just use my Khandish chieftain to lead my cavalry then. I'll still get the Dragon Knight because it looks so awesome. Maybe I will use it as a mounted captain, or just use it as a Dragon Knight if I have a few extra points.

Thanks!

Maermaethor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17