All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:24 am

Post subject: Does anyone have an idea when games workshop
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Will release some new lotr stuff for the new hobbit movie that is comming out?

And something else i like to now, why does games wokshop wait so long to confirm some new releases of lotr stuff, it always takes so long and they are probably already working on some new stuff so why don't they tell it us alot sooner?
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone have an idea when games workshop
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:30 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Probaby December at the earliest as that's when the first film is to be released.

They used to give you 2 months notice in advance with a preview, and then a month later they would let you know more and then they would be put on advance order, but they changed their policy to be more secretive recently, probably because they think it will be better for sales if new releases spring up unexpectedly, although I personally disagree.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:02 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

It will be december with a new price rise to add to the new range but hope not hope to see pics in november would be good. :D
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:20 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
Probaby December at the earliest as that's when the first film is to be released.

They used to give you 2 months notice in advance with a preview, and then a month later they would let you know more and then they would be put on advance order, but they changed their policy to be more secretive recently, probably because they think it will be better for sales if new releases spring up unexpectedly, although I personally disagree.

I agree, I have a budget and need to plain purchases. I think part of the reason we won't see what going on with the Hobbit releases until December is the contract with Peter Jackson. I speculate that some how he feels that keeping details secret builds excitement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:12 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i hope they bring out some plastic hobbits :D

because i need alot of hobbits and what do you guys think they will bring out?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

For the first movie I think we'll have: -13 dwarves box set
-Each of the 13 dwarves foot and mounted.
-Young Bilbo
- Tom, Bert and Bill
-Great Goblin
- Warg Chief (with a different model and profile, and a fancy name)
- Maybe Beorn
- Redesigned FotN stuff

Then for the second movie: -13 Dwarves+Bilbo in Armour
-Redesigned Dwarves
-Smaug
-Men of Lake Town
-Bolg
-Bard
-Redesigned Thranduil
-Master of Lake Town

:puppy:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

We will also have a necromancer, galadriel, saruman, legolas, and hopefully some new orcs from dol-gulder. There will also be durin ( thorins father) as well as a redesigned gandalf.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

i think (but not sure) we might see the MoM set go and be replaced by a hobbit version it will include the dwarves, Bilbo and some goblins. I think this for two reasons

1)MoM was brought out to get people into LOTR at the time of FOTR and with the new movie will likely bring in new fans also an 'entry pack' is even more nesseacry given the inflated cost of LOTR minis

2) The MoM set is good but is showing its age (it's got to be like 10 or so years) the models are of a lower quality than GW newer models and lack detail if they want to highlight how amazing LOTR is then they will want new models, having said this they will probs be in finecast following the old adage two steps one step back
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:20 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

ElfGeneral wrote:
2) The MoM set is good but is showing its age (it's got to be like 10 or so years)back

10 yeras! It's nowhere near that old, it was only around 2006 that it came out. That was the first release after I started, and I still see it, (and everything since) as being new.

You've missed Elrond, and Sylvester McCoy (aka the Doctor)'s Radagast.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Jobu wrote:
We will also have a necromancer, galadriel, saruman, legolas, and hopefully some new orcs from dol-gulder. There will also be durin ( thorins father) as well as a redesigned gandalf.

Thorin's dad's name was Thror and his father's name was Thrain. Durin was a LONG time before The Hobbit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Jobu wrote:
We will also have a necromancer, galadriel, saruman, legolas, and hopefully some new orcs from dol-gulder. (...) as well as a redesigned gandalf.

Those are the Dol Guldur stuff. And you wish they'll make new orcs.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:20 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
ElfGeneral wrote:
2) The MoM set is good but is showing its age (it's got to be like 10 or so years)back

10 yeras! It's nowhere near that old, it was only around 2006 that it came out. That was the first release after I started, and I still see it, (and everything since) as being new.

I had just assumed it came out when the film came out in 2001 but having looked it was 2005 which means it is still 7 years old and the models do lack the detail of GW more recent models in all their ranges and I just think having a new great looking starter boxset would do GW good for sales, customer satisfaction etc
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think they should definitely do a new starter boxset, not a fan of the MoM fellowship. If there is a new starter set I sure hope Thorins company + Bilbo aren't in it so they don't get butchered like the plastic fellowship.... unless they have another version available like the fellowship. Would rather see them in finecast. Just guessing perhaps goblins as evil and wood elves if they're in the first movie :s

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:08 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

the only problem with the dwarves and Bilbo thing is the number of Dwarf heroes they will have to release with the fellowship lot of army lists got heroes and a few of the heroes like Gandalf and Aragorn fitted in to a few lists well (for those two alone Arnor, Rohan, Gondor and Elves all work theme wise). Peter Jackson has done some of the work for them by differentiating some of them in the film to make it easier to remember the names but GW is still going to have to release 12 or 13 new dwarf heroes with rules for both SBG and WOTR (for WOTR that will mean more than any other army) whilst keeping them all at a similar power and points level both in terms of the the company in the hobbit film but also the current dwarf heroes you can't have a small time hero like Kili over powering Dain but you also can't have him being the same as a normal captain so he will have to be around the Murin and Drar level but we don't need 15 heores at this level (I give you Thorin and Gloin could be as powerful as Dain or Durin but the point still stand 13 is a lot especially at the same level). I can see this causing no end of problems for GW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It could be pretty easy to give them all different rules to make them not only unique but also around the same power level. For instance, Bombur could move more slowly and have maybe have a few other things that make him worse, but make him strong to make up for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Draugluin wrote:
It could be pretty easy to give them all different rules to make them not only unique but also around the same power level. For instance, Bombur could move more slowly and have maybe have a few other things that make him worse, but make him strong to make up for it.

That is what I thought but then actually try and think of 13 different variations it's really difficult (13 is a lot more than you think) and my point the Dwarfs don't need 13 new heroes, that is more than any other force in the game, but I it's not there fault Tolkien wrote the Hobbit with 13 Dwarves in it and they have to work with what they've got
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I think most of the Dwarves will end up being minor heroes, the level of Beregond, Damrod, Dunedain or Rangers of the North.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

that was what I was thinking as I said I think Gloin and Thorin may be more powerful but the rest will be what I call glorified captains but I am really worried about how 13 named captains can be added without it making the army lists all messed up
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

There will almost certainly be new Ary Lists for the Hobbit so no worries there.

And considering the skirmish nature of the SBG boxset, the new Hobbit 'MoM' set will in all likely hood feature Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:36 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
There will almost certainly be new Ary Lists for the Hobbit so no worries there.

And considering the skirmish nature of the SBG boxset, the new Hobbit 'MoM' set will in all likely hood feature Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves.

Surely the Dwarves will also be added to the current Dwarf lists (they could do with a few more heroes) I haven't played GW for a long time so this might not be the case, if I am wrong feel free to correct me

Second I agree with you about the boxset (I love elves so would be just as happy with wood elf idea) the real question is who or what will the evil side have???