All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:58 pm

Post subject: ebob?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Anyone know if Ebob is still functioning.... I placed an order for 3 of his little row boats to do an Amon Hen board, weeks ago... got a brief reply to say out of stock, available in a 'couple of weeks'... emailed back some time later to ask how it was progressing , but no response...

Cheers
Scott

Post subject: Re: ebob?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:47 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Scott,

I'm sure he is still around. I asked him what he had in stock via email, so technically i haven't ordered, but I was after the boats and a few other things as well. He said he needs to get them re-stocked.
I'm sure you have read other threads about eBob which explain the time taken to get things cast up, so I won't repeat it, but I will just say that you should move on with other things where possible and just stay in contact with him via email.

Perhaps you should give him a date where you expect to have Amon Hen finished by, so he can give a clearer answer if they will be in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:21 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hodush wrote:
Scott,

I'm sure he is still around. I asked him what he had in stock via email, so technically i haven't ordered, but I was after the boats and a few other things as well. He said he needs to get them re-stocked.
I'm sure you have read other threads about eBob which explain the time taken to get things cast up, so I won't repeat it, but I will just say that you should move on with other things where possible and just stay in contact with him via email.

Perhaps you should give him a date where you expect to have Amon Hen finished by, so he can give a clearer answer if they will be in stock.

Thanks for reply. Sorry, I have not ordered from or dealt with Ebob before so am not too sure what his operating practice is...

So long as they turn up at some point I'll be happy, I've certainly got plenty of other stuff I am working on at the mo' :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:55 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I ordered the Bree-style townsfolk from eBob in February and he said it would take about four weeks to get them made and delivered. It's now the end of June and I still don't have anything. I've emailed and I don't get a reply.

I like to support the little modelling companies where I can and I'd only heard good things until a couple of months ago when a similar post to this came about. I guess if anyone is planning to order anything, you should email him first to make sure it is still in stock/he is still trading.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yep, make sure it is in stock.
am waiting for 5 months now, but he has got the spiders back in stock now so I will get them soon I hope
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:23 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Scott, nothing to be sorry for man. I have only ordered a few things from him, but that was when ROTK was released, so it has been a while. Back then it was excellent service, but in the last year or so, going by reports, it does look like bob has dropped his game a bit, which is quite disappointing. I suspect he is having trouble with the people who cast for him - he has most likely experienced a downturn in orders in the years between ROTK and the Hobbit, so is himself probably a customer of less priority now for whoever casts his stuff, which again is unfortunate.

For anyone who is thinking of ordering, it would be a good idea to send eBob an email first for now, to check if he has the amount of products you want in stock.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Just to follow up to say my row boats arrived today.

Very nice clean sculpts, though smaller than I expected, but I guess they are more true scale than the typically over scale stuff we get used to...

So that means I can make my Amon Hen board now :)

Scott