We have:
The Forces of good:
Hero's: legolas, Gimli, Pippin, Sam
warriors: 8 numenor with shield, 8 elves with 2H, 8 elves with bow
+fortress

And of course
The Forces of evil:
Hero's: Vaskru, uruk-hai captain
warrirors: Isenguard troll, 2bombs, 8 engineers, berserker, berserkers with torches 3, uruk pikes 12,
uruk warriors with shields 12, 3 crossbows, 6 scouts with bow, 6 or 7 scouts with shield, 4 witouth shield
+ladder

Map:
Well first of all i didn't take alot of pictures. Only B4 and at the end of the game.
This is how the map looked like (witouth figs)

The game:
It finally started, with good taking priority that gave my elves the chance to get some of his troops down. I remember ignoring the guys with the bombs running towards my gate. The first thing i did was shooting all of his scouts with bows. All enemy fire was useless during the game – it never came past my fortress walls. For some of other strange reason he hid a captain between some trees.
His movents were like this:

With all of my archers taking out as much as they could. He hid all his troops beneath my walls, so i couldn't hit him (unless we made a mistake?-He said i couldn't see them. (i might be able to if i lean over the wall , maybe some boiling oil might do the trick.).

°Left side was left witouth harm- with over there most of his troops.
°The middle the bombs were sent (for the gate).
°At the right (I only had one ladder) that one was used over there. Soon his troops came upon my walls. I first could push him back down the ladder, but after a while he got over the wall. He didn't got more then two over it at a turn and i could slaughter them b4 more came. (Also there was no space for more to get up so they had to wait their turn.). But eventually i lost some men there...

When the game was finished i took some pictures (we had no more time left). Here is the ladder i was talking about at my wall. Where he sent up that captain that hid in the trees in the beginning.
If i remember well a berserker came up and killed some of my guys over there. He finally was driven back by 3 elves and got closed in. I think he managed to survive that and i did it another time. If i remember well he found his death by an arrow.

The funny thing is that most of my guys got killed as soon as the gate was destroyed.

Yes you see the last of them run into my fort over here. But it wasn't them who killed my men. The first thing that came trough the gate was that isenguard troll. I tought i could take him out by attacking him with 4 guys at a time. I did this several times but i actually just lost them all. I guess about at least 8 guys got killed by it (maybe few more).

Well after the troll got in and smashed them up he went aside (he is to big for the stairs so cannot climb them.) They didn't got any further then the first 2 steps. Gimli's throws his axes (i think he only killed one.). Sam threw stones but never killed anything. And the elves prevented most of them from going up the stairs by shooting everything what came to close to them.

This was left of my army. I putted some yellow dots to make clearer where they stand.

In the game i also shot all crossbows except for the hero. So the enemy had no rangers quite quickly. I cheer for my elvish archers :legolas: because they did a great job. They helped out alot. My warriors were no match for the enemy. I do kinda hate those 2h guys, they felt quite useless.

I don't know if the game was well balanced or not.

This our the ones that lost their lives in battle

If it wasn't for that troll... Might had been a good idea to wait with my troops on top of the stairs... out of reach of that troll. I tought i would get him down with 4 guys on him for a couple of turns.

I hope u liked reading this. Or enjoyed watching pictures (in my case i don't like to read to much text :-D)

Post subject: Re: last alliance against isenguard
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Nice pics and good report. Though I think it was slightly too much in the uruks favour. They seemed to have over twice as many points' worth as the elves and tbh, I don't think the fort is worth that much. Also, with elves, you don't have to use their 2H weapons like that. As they're elven blades, they can be used as normal hand weapons as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:03 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Oh i didn't know about that! I thought i only had one option for those 2handed swords. Good to know! ty
Further more i do not know what a fort is worth in points... this one was small. But the attackers didn't had many rangers. And only one ladder.
What do u think this fort might cost?

By the way any idea if troops can hide under a fortress wall against arrows of those elfes in the fort?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Generally, the attacker will have about 30-40% more points' worth of troops than the defender and normally you'll have 1 ladder for every 150 points or so in the attacking force, a siege tower for every 400-500 points approximately and maybe a battering ram for every 500 points. I haven't done a siege in a while so this may be slightly off target but I think it should be good enough :). About LOS in a fortress, I think you'd only be able to hide from archers in a fort if they actually couldn't see them at all (so they'd have to be behind a very large wall if it was a medium sized fort). But it also depends on how close they are to cover. I find that the normal LoS test works out pretty well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:38 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

ok ty man! i ll make sure i note this down, so that i can create more balanced games :)