All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:14 pm

Post subject: A King in Exile - Battle Companies.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dead Marsh Spectre and I will be starting a Battle Companies campaign sometime soon, with my Arnor warriors against his Misty Mountain Goblins. Heres my introduction.

Introduction.
The King's Men.

[UPDATE] We played a couple quick games on tuesday this week to try out the Battle Companies rules, but due to forgetfullness and poor organisation on my part (I forgot :shock: to bring some Wild Wargs for DMS to use as his aren't painted, and my record keeping was atrocious :oops: ) it didn't go well. Because he had no Wild Wargs for his Misty Mountain Company, I let him use his two Giant Spiders instead and that screwed me over early on (theres a reason why Spiders cost more than twice as much as Wild Wargs - I hate the little 8 legged buggers :-X ). My two main/favourite models (Aranarth and Thorondir) both got 'killed', and ended up suffering an Old Battle Wound and an Arm Wound respectively after just two games ( :sad: ). Aranarth did gain One Might though. :roll: Lesson learned. I found an old Battle Companies Roster sheet that I made years ago, so I'm going to make a few copies. That should help with the record keeping. And next time we'll have Wild Wargs. :D

[UPDATE 2] Aranarth (Duinhir) is almost fully painted, as is Anardil. Thorondir is a Weathertop Aragorn conversion completed a year ago. If I have time this weekend and if my camera is working I'll post some pictures. My twelve Arnor Rangers are 99% complete (one spearman keeps breaking :-X ). I have 16 plastic Warriors of Minas Tirith prepped for conversion (Gondor heraldry and armour plates filed away) to Warriors of Arnor but they won't be completed (or even started) for a long time. And finally, I have 5 Hobbit Archers in the process of being basecoated.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A King in Exile

It is the year 1976 TA, and Arthedain, the last remnant of the Kingdom of Arnor has fallen. A year has passed since Arvedui, the last King of Arthedain fled north and was drowned in the ice-bay of Forochel. His surviving son and heir, Aranarth, too young to take any significant part in the war, now dwells with the last remnants of his people in the region known as the Angle, between the Bruinen and Mitheithel (Hoarwell) rivers and west of Rivindell.

Although still a youth by the reckoning of the Dunedain, his people now look to Aranarth for leadership. Heir to a lost Kingdom, Aranarth now calls himself the first Chieftan of the Dunedain. With the Legions of Angmar defeated and scattered the previous year by the combined might of the Elves and Gondor, the Angle - once part of southern Rhudaur - has become somewhat peaceful, and the Dunedain suvivors have established villages there. However, conflict has erupted once again in the east between the mountain Orcs of the Misty Mountains and the Dwarves of Khazad Dum. Becoming bolder as their numbers swell, bands of Orcs have even begun raiding west into the lands now occupied by the Dunedain refugees.

With their homes once gain threatened, Aranarth gathers what few remaining veterans of Arnor remain to hunt down the Orc raiders.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Pindergorn on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: A King in Exile - Battle Companies.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The King's Men.

Aranarth: The young heir to the lost realm of Arthedain, having led his people to safety in hidden enclaves throughout the Angle South-West of Rivindell, he is determined to eradicate the last remnants of Angmar.

Details:

-Dunedain (Leader).

F 4/3+
S 4
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 4

Might: 1
Will: 1
Fate: 1

Equipment: Bow, hand weapon

Injuries & Skills:

Thorondir: Once Captain of the Royal Scouts of Arthedain, Thorondir has been a staunch friend and mentor to the young Aranarth for many years.

Details:

- Ranger of Arnor.

F 4
S 3
D 4
A 1
W 1
C 4

Might:
Will:

Equipment: Bow, hand weapon

Injuries & Skills:

Anardil: Once a Junior Officer of the Arthedain Infantry, he was sent at the behest of the seer Malbeth to accompany and watch over the young Aranarth in his flight south to the Elvish haven of Lindon. Wracked with guilt at having not accompanied King Arvedui north to the Ice Bay of Forochel, he has sworn to defend the heir of the late King Arvedui with his life.

Details:

- Warrior of Arnor.

F 4
S 3
D 6
A 1
W 1
C 2

Might:
Will:

Equipment: hand weapon, shield, heavy armour

Injuries & Skills:

Post subject: Re: A King in Exile - Battle Companies.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looks great!

I love playing BC's and am hoping to get back into it here in Oz.

Kalatha