All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Post subject: Named heroes with weapon swaps
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi all.
I made a comment on the GBHL speak friend and question where I made my feelings towards Jamies conversion of Ghan with axe heard.
The short of it is that I think it is digusting, for a longer answer read the post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJppFzR ... Igl1jR1kPQ
The comment is made under my real name: Peter Sanzen
My comment generated some replies and since I feel I want to answer them more but dont want to clutter the speak friend and question section I am continuing the discussion here.

I just wanna make a few comments on some of the replies.

1: I KNOW IT IS LEGAL!!!!!! I mentioned it twice in my posts. Stop telling me it its legal like I dont know it and read what I actually write instead. :D
I will however get back to the legality of it.

2:I never said I would "confront" or "challenge" the TOs beacuse of what a player has done. It would, like I said, only be a way to get the complaint "on the record". If I point this out to the TOs as something I have an issue with, maybe somebody else also does it, hopefullt it can generate a discussion about the subject (which it has, thanks for proving my point). And then for the next tournament there could perhaps be changes made if the TOs see this as a problem like I do.
I would never engage in hostilities with people because of what a third party has done, that was never the intent of my post.

3: I do belive I am creating a confrontation where it actually exists, it is just not a RULES confrontation but a confrontation that discusses the competivness on this game and how we want it to evolve. The fact that you are working on a similar conversion proves my prediction right (is not the Knight of Umbar described as armed with something like "enscrolled blade" or was that just in the original WD). Where do you think it ends? Is this the path we want this game to take?

4: I am pleased to hear that most of the armies dont do this.

5: I would actually like to challenge the matter very officaly with regards to the rules. The rules of this game are based on the principle that you are allowed to do what the rules describe and everything else is not allowed.
Well nowhere in the rules is it stated that you are allowed to change weapons on models. Hence it is not allowed. Am I not right?

6: I would like to point out that I still love the GBHL channel and I look forward to more vidoes from it. If my economy has settled when the next raffle comes I will join in.
Thats all I have the energy for this evening.
have fun
slaktarn/Peter Sanzén