All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Post subject: solo
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:20 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

iv been doing solo gaming for a while now, i didnt really mind it until i saw Ebobs Watcher in the water and read the scenario.I rocked. i really wanted to try it, but i have no one to game with. How do i convince my athlete friends to try gaming. One is a Lotr fan but he just likes making storys up w/ my minis.Help! :pray:

Post subject: free stuff!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

If this freind into Lotr is reluctant to start give him something for free. Play a game with him give him a painting lesson and if he likes it he likes it i guess :).
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:28 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Lock up your minis. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:11 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am the same mate. At my school all of my friends have no idea of LOTR SBG or WOTR and I keep it secret from them that I am into, in case they rip into me about it. I would love to show them the game though :?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

hi
i've some story how some people and i convinced people to play a game(not lotr but it was magic the gathering)

well, we had some movienight something, and when i come in(i was a bit late) they were watching lord of the rings. we started talking about the books and how great they are. i made a comment that the magic novels were great too. so we some people were like, hey do you play magic too?(3peopled played magic while didnt know it of each other). so we decided to play a game and we thaught some others magic as well. and after two months we did a beer and magic tournament with 15people or something:O ( i only played 1match cause i had a bit too much beer:P)

it didnt had much to do with lotr. but it is some way to convice people to play it as well. just play it with a friend and let others watch and teach them it or something. maybe they enjoy it:O

the movies are also a good subject to start with. if they enjoy the books and the movies they got at least a interest in lotr^^

i hoped it helped
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

cameda09, i feel your pain. But at least ive found a 40k club! Too bad my age fights are only on Wednesdays and its two hours a way. :roll: Nobody ever said life is a bed of roses and im good with that because roses have thorns anyway. But thanks guys! 8)