All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:18 pm

Post subject: SBG battlefield size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi,

In the past I was under the impression that LoTR SBG was fought on square, 4'x4', battlefields for up to and including 700 pts.

The diagrams in the new army books make it look like most battlefields are now rectangular, '6 x 4'?

What's the concensus on battlefield size, I'd especially welcome feeback from those that took part in GTs.

Stephen

Post subject: Re: SBG battlefield size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:07 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Not having GT'd I almost always do all of mine on a 4'x4'- mainly because at anything less than 1000pts it seems pointless to have a 6'x4'- though I do go that size (and larger) for armies that demand such attention.

Post subject: Re: SBG battlefield size
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was curious about this when I got my sourcebooks, so I measured the maps shown in the scenario section to see the proportions. It's not a 3:2 ratio between the long and short sides (which you would expect if they meant a 6'x4' board), so 6'x4' isn't a default board size. I think it's up to the players to decide what's appropriate.

Check out the Warhammer World LoTR doubles rulespack. It specifies two 500 point armies, teamed up on each side fighting on a 4x4 board. So Warhammer World are happy with 1000 points on a 4x4.......that's fine with me as I can't fit a bigger board than than in my flat comfortably.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/The_Titans/index/