All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:33 am

Post subject: Hail UkFreddyBear
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

just wanted for ppl on here that dont know about ukfreddybears sculpting talents, this guy is creating awesome models and letting them go for more than reasonable prices, take a look at DMS'S Awesome Stone Giant amoungst others.

also when gw sculpt they do so on huge versions of the model before they use computers to scale the model down, UkFreddyBear does it on actual scale and they look brilliant !

im blown away mate and its awesome to have the option of such an excellent sculpter on here to do work .. I can see myself wanting some stuff done when I get a bit more money in my wallet

check out his personal site http://www.majesticbear.net

we are lucky to have this guy and his work is awesome!! .... all those in agreement say Aye!

Post subject: Re: Hail UkFreddyBear
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Aye x 200000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Aye!! Agreed he's a great sculptor and a great guy too

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Erm, Interesting thread but completely unneccessary, my good man. :oops: Much as I appreciate the praise and sentiment intended, it isn't really fair to single out individual members for their achievements or skill. There are some awesome terrain makers and painters here too that I aspire to, but they don't have appreciative threads like this.
Having said that, just a reminder that Viruk interviewed me back in 2009, so if you want a bit more info on how I developed, check it out:
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/kb.php?a=142
Members on fan sites like this one and TLA have encouraged me to better myself over the years so you should all take some credit, especially the guys that run them (Cheers Dagorlad). :yay:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:46 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ukfreddybear wrote:
Erm, Interesting thread but completely unneccessary, my good man. :oops: Much as I appreciate the praise and sentiment intended, it isn't really fair to single out individual members for their achievements or skill. There are some awesome terrain makers and painters here too that I aspire to, but they don't have appreciative threads like this.
Having said that, just a reminder that Viruk interviewed me back in 2009, so if you want a bit more info on how I developed, check it out:
Members on fan sites like this one and TLA have encouraged me to better myself over the years so you should all take some credit, especially the guys that run them (Cheers Dagorlad). :yay:

its a good point there are some very talented guys on here and im not forgetting them, just thought id spread some knowledge of what you do as I ddnt know about it when I first joined the site :)

oh and I thought I might achieve some kind of discount ! .. haha just kidding ! :-D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

tlotrsbg wrote:
just thought id spread some knowledge of what you do as I ddnt know about it when I first joined the site :)

Lol, you've only been here a week haven't you? I've been skulking around here on and off for years :lol:

Quote:
oh and I thought I might achieve some kind of discount ! .. haha just kidding ! :-D

Yeh, nice try, but I do think you would make an excellent PR officer for someone! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

lol less than a week but ive been pretty active I this this is my 101st post! ..

and thanks on the PR comment hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Another thread popped up a little while ago praising Dave's work. Of course he deserves the praise, but as he said there are many other talented members. We have fantastic terrain makers including Dagorlad, DurinsBane, lotrscenerybuilder and more. Fantastic painters including DMS, tidoco and more. Fantastic sculptors including Natarn, ebob, mminiatures and more (not to forget Dave of course). If I were to list all of the members that were to go into this list, it'd be a very long list indeed. Each and every member deserves praise for their work, not just the extremely talented. Being praised helps us to further progress our talents through encouragement. Of course, constructive criticism is also essential to developing skills but fortunately the members here on the One Ring have always done a stellar job in providing both praise and constructive criticism where appropriate. As was the case with Dave progressing his sculpting talents, I couldn't have progressed as far with my painting if it wasn't for the comments of encouragement and the advice that I recieved here in my early days. Of course I'm nowhere near being considered one of the better painters, but I'm still a hell of a lot better than I was when I joined. People who try to advance their hobby skills themselves will more than likely do so anyway, but the forums sure help to speed along the process.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Red Corsairs wrote:
Another thread popped up a little while ago praising Dave's work. Of course he deserves the praise, but as he said there are many other talented members. We have fantastic terrain makers including Dagorlad, DurinsBane, lotrscenerybuilder and more. Fantastic painters including DMS, tidoco and more. Fantastic sculptors including Natarn, ebob, mminiatures and more (not to forget Dave of course). If I were to list all of the members that were to go into this list, it'd be a very long list indeed. Each and every member deserves praise for their work, not just the extremely talented. Being praised helps us to further progress our talents through encouragement. Of course, constructive criticism is also essential to developing skills but fortunately the members here on the One Ring have always done a stellar job in providing both praise and constructive criticism where appropriate. As was the case with Dave progressing his sculpting talents, I couldn't have progressed as far with my painting if it wasn't for the comments of encouragement and the advice that I recieved here in my early days. Of course I'm nowhere near being considered one of the better painters, but I'm still a hell of a lot better than I was when I joined. People who try to advance their hobby skills themselves will more than likely do so anyway, but the forums sure help to speed along the process.

some very good points esp how we all can do with encouragment not just the extremly talented I liked that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well put Jake (apart from the DMS bit :oops: )

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:37 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

ukfreddybear wrote:

Of course it's fair to have someone else single you out. If someone else thinks it's not fair, they should get as good as you at sculpting stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

This is what I have to say about ukfreddybear;

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

And to those who ignore the other amazing 'artists' on One Ring, like DMS;
:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Of course, ukfreddybear is one fantastic sculptor, I'd Iove to see him sculpt a werewolf.

Also, sorry for the excessive smilies. :oops: :oops: :rofl:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

"also when gw sculpt they do so on huge versions of the model before they use computers to scale the model down"

????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

StewardofGondor wrote:
"also when gw sculpt they do so on huge versions of the model before they use computers to scale the model down"

????

im struggling to show a good pic of what I mean, but if you go to games day you usually see large versions of the models beforethey are scaled down

you can kinda tell from this pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27721919@N05/4061494910

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Maybe for some of the most detailed Warhammer fantasy / 40K models, but if it is true for lotr, man, they have some bad sculptors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Only plastics are sculpted using 3 ups. The metals I believe were done at normal size. As finecast are on a sprue, its likely they are done with 3 ups aswell.