All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:20 am

Post subject: Mush Bunnies, Mush!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I thought that I would post the following information for general amusement rather than a serious suggestion.
:

http://io9.com/a-musher-explains-why-ra ... -455287720

However if somewhat can get a few of these guys literally teemed up, I would sell my Grand Mother to witness the result!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Post subject: Re: Mush Bunnies, Mush!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Idk about anyone else but I did like the whole bunny sled, it was comedic and well done

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:13 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

The thing about real rabbits of that size is that they lose their speed, and they don't have any stamina to begin with. However, RHOSGOBEL Rabbits of that size would be able to pull a sleigh with no trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If anyone knows of any "Giant Bunny" breeders out there, we need to make this happen, failing that , I am willing to dress up!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The link doesn't work for me for some reason but I didn't mind the bunny-sled scene. I think it fits in with Radagast's wacky personality.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You can find the original article (not the io9 commentary) over on TheOneRing.net. I posted it here back about the time it first came out and I think it's a pretty interesting read.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/01/03/67872-radagasts-racing-rhosgobel-rabbits-a-recreational-musher-looks-at-the-realities-of-bunny-sledding/

Now that real BIG bunny...those things are just disturbing in my opinion. As mentioned above, in our reality they just get too slow at that size but I do think it gives good argument that in Middle Earth this just might work.

A friend that got the BR/DVD combo of the Hobbit passed on the DVD to me so I've watched it a couple times while waiting for the Extended. Although I can admit to finding the whole Sled "in character" and amusing I'm still a little disappointed on how it was pulled off for the chase scene. It looked fine in the forest but doesn't seem to hold up as well for the distant views. It seems to 'slide' along without enough respect to the terrain or physics. But I always have pretty high expectations for effects. Also, he was supposed to be leading the hunters AWAY from the Company. I know you can see a small group of riders come in to cut him off early but I can't believe he couldn't avoid just running around in a big circle around them. Maybe he did drink a little too much mushroom tea.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:57 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

His Panic Steed when channeled is something to be seriously feared!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This is neither news or a rumour ? Moving to general discussion ;)
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:47 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Beowulf03809 wrote:
You can find the original article (not the io9 commentary) over on TheOneRing.net. I posted it here back about the time it first came out and I think it's a pretty interesting read.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/01/03/67872-radagasts-racing-rhosgobel-rabbits-a-recreational-musher-looks-at-the-realities-of-bunny-sledding/

Now that real BIG bunny...those things are just disturbing in my opinion. As mentioned above, in our reality they just get too slow at that size but I do think it gives good argument that in Middle Earth this just might work.

A friend that got the BR/DVD combo of the Hobbit passed on the DVD to me so I've watched it a couple times while waiting for the Extended. Although I can admit to finding the whole Sled "in character" and amusing I'm still a little disappointed on how it was pulled off for the chase scene. It looked fine in the forest but doesn't seem to hold up as well for the distant views. It seems to 'slide' along without enough respect to the terrain or physics. But I always have pretty high expectations for effects. Also, he was supposed to be leading the hunters AWAY from the Company. I know you can see a small group of riders come in to cut him off early but I can't believe he couldn't avoid just running around in a big circle around them. Maybe he did drink a little too much mushroom tea.

My understanding was that as PJ had changed his mind from doing two movies to three there will be no extended editions. He used the extra bits to spread it out already.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:49 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

He confirmed that there would still be EEs. When he announced it, he said it would add on 25 minutes. Which is clearly not enough to make a third movie out of. Also, I think it was confirmed sometime back in February or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:02 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

well google backs that up! I will talk to my original source and condem them for misleading me.!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I am looking forward to the Barry Humphries extra bits! And you never know, there might be some more Radagast Bunny sled bits if were lucky?http://www.one-ring.co.uk/posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=25808#
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I went into G.W. Tunbridge Wells late afternoon yesterday, and they had sold out of both the Radagast Bunny sleds that they had ordered. They obviously had pretty low expectations sales wise!