All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:59 pm

Post subject: The One Ring Free Cycle?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Just an idea! A lot of us have miniatures or accessories that frankly we will never need, use and perhaps don't want. GW does rig up the way it prices and packages its products in a manner designed to play upon and encourage the growth greed in us for their miniatures.

I have been hanging on to a few bits that frankly are never going to be worth anything apart from a couple of quid after a week of fannying about on ebay, and that's if they sell!

My suggestion is that if any of you fancy posting posts with lists of any miniatures, duplicate books and scenery that you would be willing to donate free of charge (maybe the receiver pays the postage?) so that newer more hard up members of the community can benefit from spare parts, general excess and the Missus wanting more clothes hanging space!

Naturally I would only consider starting this process with the blessing of Dagorlad and the guys that run this site. Lets get the positivity flowing!

Bilbo.
 Post subject: Re: The One Ring Free Cycle?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I don't think there would be many members willing to give away their minis/ books for free. I could be wrong of course. I have thousands and I want every one of them! Duplicates go into the trade forum here usually.

Post subject: Re: The One Ring Free Cycle?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I'm with UKFB on this one. While the idea is a nice one, it is unrealistic to expect people to give up stuff they have had to pay for so new members can get it for free. And how do we distinguish between those who 'actually' need it and those who are playing the system to get free stuff?

Mid Sussex Wargamers