All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:22 am

Post subject: worst in-game lotr sbg moments
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:58 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey guys, I dont know if there already exists a thread about this, I couldn't find it.

This thread is for your worst in-game moments. For example your mumak who runs of the table, or a lucky shot of a trebuchet who kills your banner and 6 surrounding orks...

Post them here so we all can laugh in these dark times for our hobby.
 Post subject: Re: worst in-game lotr sbg moments
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Playing Damian O'Bryne
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The 2nd time I met a mumuk....(shudders)
(Long story short it was 750pts and he ran over most of my army,and barely used the rest of his.I did get some revenge when his mumuk stampeded and killed a bunch of haradrim)
Whenever a model of mine fights azog.....(SHUDDERS)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:50 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There was the time I charged my eagle into a single High Elf Warrior, who the proceeded to win the fight and wound. Then it happened again. then it happened again . Three consecutive turns, and my Eagle was swatted down.

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

i think i can beat everyone in this topic :P

dark marshal on horse :just after deploy he tries to jump over a fense, rolls 1,then he falls from horse....take the str 3 wound and looses the one fate used.....=dead from 1st round while enemy was at the other side of the table... :( :( :( the most crazy thing ever happened to our games

Armies:Fiefdoms, Eastern Kingdoms
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:08 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hahahahaha
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Playing a scenario that required holding objectives, we all know that deal there. But the specified end point was if a 1 was rolled (at the end of each turn roll a die on a 1 the game ends).
So... there I was, wiped out down to the last man. Just 1 model for me, there was no way I could win right? So it played out for turn after turn, I was not failing Courage checks, I was not going to flee (I don't quit), and so he had to send guys to fight me. At one point I was surrounded by 4 models with support....
But... I managed to kill every single one of the enemy models. It lasted for a long time and I felt bad because I was sure that I lost the game many turns ago but as it turned out I got a minor victory as I was the only one left on the board.
So I consider this a worst moment because it stopped being fun and I felt bad that the person who did very well and should have won ended up losing in the end by very lucky dice rolls on my part.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

What was your one model?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:36 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Every game I ever played against the Black Guard Uruks... That was it... a whole army of the strength 5 bruisers. With the shadow lord... and a shade... and banners. The thing was a steam roller, I swear it cut down everything on the field dwarves, elves, rohan, grey company, Dol Amroth heavy horse and pikes. It laughed off siege weapons, ents, high end heroes and what it did to hoards... like a meat grinded!

It was a menace I tell you, in three year it lost maybe twice. And that was only because we did 2 v 2 games and the other evil players army died before the Black Guard could chew though the mass of bodies in front of it. I don't think I can truly describe how vexing this army was, no matter what I had brought when I saw the Black Guard hit the field I new it was over. The shear brilliants of the man commanding it, to not only build such a monstrosity but to so simplistically, albeit methodically, crush everyone with the same army and the same tactics... year after year. The worst part is the guy finally retied it because he got bored, yes BORED, of winning all the time.

It shore was fun to have it on my side though...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

halauas wrote:

dark marshal on horse :just after deploy he tries to jump over a fense, rolls 1,then he falls from horse....take the str 3 wound and looses the one fate used.....=dead from 1st round while enemy was at the other side of the table... :( :( :( the most crazy thing ever happened to our games

Yup you will not lose this topic bro lmao.

I have two very unfortunate incidents that come to mind on my side of the battle field.

One was in a recent tournament, and as were the rules, on goblin town, people could get knocked, thrown, etc into the darkness off the platforms.

Well, Gandalf the white sorcerous blasted Mauhur and like 3 other fellows before they every saw an enemy combatant. Lol

Another more recent game, and GloryforGondor can back me on this one.....I natures wrath'd about 15-20 of his Isengard force, not only did about half of them win fights outnumbered by HIGH FIGHT wood elves, but I managed with mostly 2-3 on one battles, kill only 1 unit of his while they were prone.

Worst series of rolls I could have expected after that happened. I wait, shot bows, waited, shot bows, took his numbers down, ambushed perfectly, and 1 kill. The other half of his army caught up and had it not been for aura of dismay and Legolas killing two enemy leaders and about 5 troopers I would have been in a world of ^^^^.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:06 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Wan Shi Tong wrote:
Every game I ever played against the Black Guard Uruks... That was it... a whole army of the strength 5 bruisers. With the shadow lord... and a shade... and banners. The thing was a steam roller, I swear it cut down everything on the field dwarves, elves, rohan, grey company, Dol Amroth heavy horse and pikes. It laughed off siege weapons, ents, high end heroes and what it did to hoards... like a meat grinded!

It was a menace I tell you, in three year it lost maybe twice. And that was only because we did 2 v 2 games and the other evil players army died before the Black Guard could chew though the mass of bodies in front of it. I don't think I can truly describe how vexing this army was, no matter what I had brought when I saw the Black Guard hit the field I new it was over. The shear brilliants of the man commanding it, to not only build such a monstrosity but to so simplistically, albeit methodically, crush everyone with the same army and the same tactics... year after year. The worst part is the guy finally retied it because he got bored, yes BORED, of winning all the time.

Wish I could play this dude. I retired all my Dwarves for the same reason, I never even lost 33% of my force in any game

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

JamesR wrote:
Wan Shi Tong wrote:

Wish I could play this dude. I retired all my Dwarves for the same reason, I never even lost 33% of my force in any game

This needs to happen, with a detailed Battle Report and tons of pictures. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:15 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Amarthadan wrote:
JamesR wrote:
Wan Shi Tong wrote:

This needs to happen, with a detailed Battle Report and tons of pictures. :)

These shade armies are hardly unbeatable, it does depend on the scenario but in most cases if you sit back, shoot and stretch his line out so he has to choose a side to put the shade/shadowlord. Fall back on the shade side and shoot at the orcs. Assuming he puts a rank of spear as backup to the uruk, always do an in the way to the spear support ( easier to kill ). We have a couple players here who bring shade armies( as in 2 shades), along with reavers and harad/orc spear. Nasty stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:05 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

As to the worst SBG moment. Hmm... probably when I was teaching my Wife the game and we each were limited to a single warband. I had a warband of Orcs led by a Troll Chieftain and she had her Elves. Both forces broke and the Chieftain failed his courage test and fled the field! He was at full everything! Lol and there were only 3 elves left. Needless to say all but one stupid Orc fled (he was brave but stupid to stay) and he quickly was dispatched

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

halauas wrote:

That's almost like my Drunken Glorfindel tale, except in mine it was both worst and best. Mounted Drunken Glorfindel rolls a 1 on a jump attempt, rerolls for Expert Rider, get a 1, falls off, takes a Wound. Spider Queen, completely healthy, jumps him prone, by a miracle he avoids her fangs and gets up. Next turn, kills her.

The actual worst probably has to have been 11 Uruk attacks against Aragorn, who was down to no Might, 1 Wound and no Fate. Eleven dice, and I rolled seven 1s, three 2s, and a 3. Aragorn's best die: 3. He continued to win every fight after that.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

SonofThengel wrote:
What was your one model?

A lone Dwarf Warrior with shield.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sithious wrote:
SonofThengel wrote:
What was your one model?

A lone Dwarf Warrior with shield.

Goomli, Son of Gimli, Son of Gloin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Had to be this one time against some dwarves. I was Rohan and it was to kill a king I think. He broke, circled up with balin in the circle and the banner in the middle. I surrounded him but could neither win the fight or kill him when I did. I proceeded to lose model after model and then broke and my king fled and I lost.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I was playing on a board with lots of rocky terrain. And Saruman could have been in a perfect position to sorcerous blast a bunch of dwarves.... if only he could climb up this rock... which he failed 3 times in a row. Nothing more comical than watching the grand master wizard Saruman consistently stumble over a rock and even suffering a wound.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This isnt the worst moment, but Thranduils Natures wrath has never, ever worked for me....

I did it against Isengard, and even Tauriel didnt get any kills....I killed with about 20 elves 3 uruks in two turns on the ground.

Then I did it to Durins folk....1 kill with about 10 elves....

I did it another time and it was resisted by Sauron.....

He just cant get a break. Can someone play me with Goblins, or Harad so I can channel it and feel good about my life?