All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:26 am

Post subject: Do you think that we are going to get a plastic Elven kit?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I was thinking about the releases for tBOFA and I was wondering if you guys think we are going to get a plastic elven warriors box?

From what I gather, evidence to suggest yes is:
- there are no standard elven troops released for mirkwood yet
- the palace guard models seem to be like grim hammers (elite type troops but in a plastic kit)
- the design for the armour of palace guards and the armour of the warriors in the trailers are quite different

Opposed is:
- they might just release a finecast pack of 3 palace guard with bow
- there is a plastic kit already made for elves with armour (palace guard)
- the potentially true leaked list suggests a pack of 3 finecast warriors with bow

So what do you think?

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
 Post subject: Re: Do you think that we are going to get a plastic Elven ki
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Wouldn't hold my breath. If the 3 pack is true, then kiss goodbye to them ever being released in plastic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Doubt it.

Doesn't mean we won't get any plastic, but it does seem less likely than ever.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think we're more likely to get laketown militia as plastics instead of Mirkwood warrior. It would make sense if they plan to do ruins of Dale scenery as has been rumoured in the past

Trade viewtopic.php?f=38&p=378479#p378479
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

If we're real lucky, we'll get a 10 plastic box of 5 shields and 5 shields/spear. But finecast of 3 is more likely, considering previous releases.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

My opinion is that we will not see plastic archers.

WE had two sets of plastic Dwarves, two sets of plastic Elves, Hunters, goblins, fell wargs and hunters on fell wargs for plastic evil. Plastic Dale, Plastic knights, 3 Trolls and eagles too.
And sales can be argued as not spiked like the ROTK days. WE had fine cast lake town guards, fine cast Dol Guldor Orcs, I think they will play it safe and go fine cast elves this time, as any mirkwood player should have the other sets to make a rounded force, or add in the other armies of BotFA to make up the difference. I think for plastic this time we will see the dwarven cav come in, Lake town peasants, Troll kits, and maybe another plastic evil set. I expect a lot of fine cast for the Siege equiptment, not cause I want it, but due to older sets already experimented with and this being very similar. Finecast Carts, Wraiths (maybe 2 per pack and a WK single), Sauron, White Council, Heroes, Armor Dwarves... yeah lots of FC to look forward too.

But this is all speculation leaning toward the negative side (hard to not be when reading posts on this site). Bot I do hope for more plastics than that, but with all of us knowing that the end of SBG releases is fast approaching, it would not be cost effective to run 5000 sprues of any warrior now, just make enough to sell for a few years and finecast fits that cost bracket (GW's not ours).

Another reason is that we mostly see in the trailers rows upon rows of archers. They may have swords or daggers too, but we don't get a lot to go with. So if they are all bowmen, then how many poses would you expect, we can't exactly have them all prancing about like the Mirkwood Rangers when they look very uniform in combat pose in the trailers, when they stand they all stand the same way, when they turn it is in unison, when they draw to aim they all look identical. So really three poses is plenty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Nope all the new elf releases are pretty much confirmed finecast now

My W.I.P - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28062
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:28 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

:sad:

prov. 27:17
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:14 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think we will see the last of the already produced Fine Cast. I think it is early to say there will be no plastic release.

I can not see from the trailer that there will be elves with spears at the gates. I passed the video and looked for spears. I can not tell :roll:

three minute youtube clip

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2442020?lt_ ... nal,manual

I picked up some of the Movie promotion books. There is another battle location besides the main gate. Plus there will be elves from Rivendell with the White Council. So we should get both. That is not to say GW will drop the ball. It is too early to say. It is also to early to say how short some of the clips will be in the movie cut.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I just saw the leaked release for Mirkwood and I'm so underwhelmed/slightly happy about it. We got troops but they are finecast, well that kinda sucks....but there is more than 1 pack so that's kinda nice.

But imma have a short rant now...

WHY THE HELL ARE THE BASIC TROOPS IN FINECAST!?!?!!?!?!??!?? It makes no damn sense why? They released a more elite type of troop in plastic and then release the models that are the BULK of the ELVEN army in finecast!!!!! I DONT GET IT
The only reason I can think of is so GW make more money on the sales of each pack, BUT as seen in other threads, people will not buy as many (or any) of these soldiers if they are in finecast!!!!!!!!
So they won't sell as many and they won't get as much money!

ARGHGHHHGHGGHGGGGHHGHHGGHGHGGHGHHGHHGHGHHGGHGGHGHHH
That's so frustrating!

I do feel slightly better now, and fully understand what all you evil players went through with the Gundabad release. Guh...better go check my bank account balance and see if I can afford any of these damn things.....

EDIT: I just checked the GW Canada website and it looks like (following Gundabads/Lake town) we are going to be getting 3 miniatures for 30$! Which is quite insane, I could have handled it if they were 3 for 21 ish (which I thought they were last year). But I can't see anyone paying 10$ per miniature for basic troops. It's pretty disheartening.

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance

Last edited by WhoelsebutHaldir on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

WhoelsebutHaldir wrote:
I just saw the leaked release for Mirkwood and I'm so underwhelmed/slightly happy about it. We got troops but they are finecast, well that kinda sucks....but there is more than 1 pack so that's kinda nice.

But imma have a short rant now...

WHY THE HELL ARE THE BASIC TROOPS IN FINECAST!?!?!!?!?!??!?? It makes no damn sense why? They released a more elite type of troop in plastic and then release the models that are the BULK of the ELVEN army in finecast!!!!! I DONT GET IT
The only reason I can think of is so GW make more money on the sales of each pack, BUT as seen in other threads, people will not buy as many (or any) of these soldiers if they are in finecast!!!!!!!!
So they won't sell as many and they won't get as much money!

ARGHGHHHGHGGHGGGGHHGHHGGHGHGGHGHHGHHGHGHHGGHGGHGHHH
That's so frustrating!

I do feel slightly better now, and fully understand what all you evil players went through with the Gundabad release. Guh...better go check my bank account balance and see if I can afford any of these damn things.....

Lol. I do agree that it's a shame that they will cost so much, but tbh, haldir my friend, that was a bit uncalled for :-)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:17 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Oldman Willow wrote:
l

I picked up some of the Movie promotion books. There is another battle location besides the main gate. Plus there will be elves from Rivendell with the White Council. So we should get both. That is not to say GW will drop the ball. It is too early to say. It is also to early to say how short some of the clips will be in the movie cut.

Elves from Rivendell??????? So much YESSSSS
Do you have any pictures from the movie promotions book of them?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:24 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sorry, I didn't want to annoy/offend anyone or anything. That was pretty much all my negative feelings about GW summed up in one paragraph and the scapegoat was the clam packs.

I have given it more rashional thought and I am happy with the quantity of the release for elves, it's just the price tag that's going to get me. But at least the models themselves look pretty nice and fairly dynamic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

My big ticket dream purchase for The Hobbit are some sort of new plastic High Elves, of a larger scale and more poses than the Fellowship of the Ring era figures.

If they come out in finecast (assuming such a thing gets made) I'll probably purchase some. While making wincing sounds at the price.

Granted, I'd prefer plastic, but here we all are...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It would be nice to see some more high elves with cool new poses ecetra. Which I think could be a possibility because we have not seen any footage of the supposed army that attacks Dol Guldur, so it could be comprised of mirkwood elves or high elves.

I was also thinking about it and perhaps it's that new elven cavalry that go tell Gandalf of the conflict that's going to happen at Erebor?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Someone on here said in a movie promotion book there are high elves with elrond when he is running into Dol Guldor.
This bodes very well for High Elf players who have had to deal with those very average original sculpts for years!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

rigg1313 wrote:
Someone on here said in a movie promotion book there are high elves with elrond when he is running into Dol Guldor.
This bodes very well for High Elf players who have had to deal with those very average original sculpts for years!

Comme moi.

Really looking forward to them when they come.
If they come.
I hope they come.

New sculpts would be fantastic. I've got like 80 of these basically 3 poses, and it's fun to play with, but each model is the same. It's not like playing with orcs, which are not a uniform troop, where each one is different and they all have their own character and history and battle logs.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:50 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

https://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet/ ... =3&theater

I found a photo with spears and shields

From the context they are not High elves

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I agree, based of the helmets it looks like those are just the armoured Mirkwood soldiers we've seen already.

Well I'll still hold on to some hope for the release of high elves. I think they would be well received in plastic or even finecast. Simply for the fact that people have been waiting for new poses for so long.

Also, I was looking at the mounted elves and it appears like they only have elven blades and armour. Perhaps they are going to be a cheaper scout type of Elven Cavalry?
Maybe 16pts per? That would be pretty cool and allow for you to easily take cavalry in your army without chewing through too many points.