All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:26 am

Post subject: LotR Films: Blu-Ray and XBL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:47 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The Theatrical Versions of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy are now on Blu-Ray; I saw a commercial for them the other night on TV. PJ's trilogy and Bahkshi's animated classic are also now availible on Xbox Live through Zune.

Blu-Ray at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Theatrical-Editions/dp/B000X9FLKM
XBL: (I can't find a link, just check your Xbox Dashboard, sorry :) )

This isn't much news to me. I don't have a Blu-Ray player and my 360 can already play DVDs, and I'd assume, like me, that most everyone on this site already has all four of these films, with PJ's being EE. Still, Blu-ray! Just thought I'd share though, jic, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Unless there's extensive bonus stuff on the theatrical b-ray that won't be on the extended, I'll just wait for the extended this time. No more buying every version like a maniac like I did before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeah, I had the bluray set bought for me. I was going to wait for the extended edition, but whatever. . .

The theatrical set is dissapointing. The only good thing is that you get the three movies in beautiful bluray - one disc each. Then you get the exact same bonus disc you already bought with the theatrical DVD release - one DVD for each movie. All that fits in one clamshell. The second clamshell contains three 'digital copy' discs, which I think are useless.

$53 Canadian is not bad for a newly released set of three movies - I've seen others go for a lot more. I just feel as if we're paying for a lot of extras we don't need or want. Now if they had released just the bluray movie discs in a set for $20 - $30 dollars Canadian, I would have felt a lot better about it. If only it had come with the special features seen in the Limited Edition set (which I haven't got).

BTW - mine came with a really cheap replica of the one ring. Cheap, but still fun to play around with :oops:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well I think the majority of us are willing to wait for the Blueray Extended Editions. As these are the only versions I ever watch, and with no new extras, there is nothing to tempt me into buying the theatrical blueray edition whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

From a few rumours and snippets I've herd a while back, the Extended Edition Blue Ray editions will actually be "extended extended editions", with about 30 minutes of additional scenes (for the trilogy, not each film)...it's supposedly going to come out just before the Hobbit hits theatres :D

Alas, I can't recall where I saw this, but I sure hope it's true.

April: 0/3 choices complete

Yearly total: 50/74 models done O.o
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

30 minutes on the allready extended editions?
That's 10 minutes for every movie.. Let's hope that they are good scene's and not the Frodo -> smeagol thing, where Faramir has a vision about.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Aha! At last we will get to see the full fight at the edge of Lothlorien... :yay: I too am waiting for the Full Monty Version.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!