All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:15 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Are you writing a novel?
Yes, I've finished and published it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, I've finished it but it's not published 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I'm still writing it 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
Yes, I started, but I gave up 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
No, I'm not 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Re: OR members who are writing a novel
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:01 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Oj I kust show we have posted almost similar things few pages back... Anyway my dark lords all have magic and I don;t know almost anything about Warhammer fantasy :rofl: Currently I am finishing chapter II... :D
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:43 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Then your answer is that you haven't folloed the proper criteria for a Dark Lord. Just in case you don't know what I mean, I will list all the criteria for a Dark Lord:

He/she must be evil
He/she must be in charge of a large number of (unwilling) servants
The evil he/she reeks affects the land as well as his subjects
Very powerful form of magic powers or power of a different name eg the Force
Diabolical force (more force than personality)
A huge army
Devil-like qualities (not required)
Personificatiopn of evil (not required)
People afraid to speak their name
Usually possess, control, obtain or make an object or objects which make him/her more powerful and/or harder to kill

Examples; Sauron, Morgoth, Voldemort (Harry Potter), the Sith Lords (STar Wars), Galbatorix (Inheritance Cycle), Dracula

He is Evil with a capital E.
He is in charge of a huge number of servants, but only a few are unwilling.
His Evil affects the land.
He is the master of all magic, and can do anything he likes with it.
He is quite diabolical.
He has several huge armies.
He is the personification of Evil.
People don't know his name, so forget about speaking it.
As mentioned before, he can bend all magic to his own will, and cast spells without tiring himself, and he is a god, so he can't die at all.

Quote:
t's probably pretty safe to assume most of you also have a FaceBook account. If so, I strongly recommend you Like CreateSpace:

http://www.facebook.com/CreateSpace

There is a full website for it that has a LOT of great resources but I have found their daily posts on FB to be a nice introduction. Some really useful information in small, digestible bites.

You assume wrongly :) .

:puppy:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I did say "most". I managed to hold off until last year myself. I was waiting for an anti-social media...but it never came around. :lol: I finally broke down to be able to see pics from relatives in a timely manner but a couple of these key businesses / special-interest pages (writing, coding, gaming and linux) have proven very enjoyable as well. Our LGS page is active for coordinating games and showing off recent work as well.

For those of you that have been able to avoid FB altogheter, just check out the CreateSpace website directly: https://www.createspace.com/

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Telchar wrote:
Then your answer is that you haven't folloed the proper criteria for a Dark Lord. Just in case you don't know what I mean, I will list all the criteria for a Dark Lord:

He/she must be evil
He/she must be in charge of a large number of (unwilling) servants
The evil he/she reeks affects the land as well as his subjects
Very powerful form of magic powers or power of a different name eg the Force
Diabolical force (more force than personality)
A huge army
Devil-like qualities (not required)
Personificatiopn of evil (not required)
People afraid to speak their name
Usually possess, control, obtain or make an object or objects which make him/her more powerful and/or harder to kill

Examples; Sauron, Morgoth, Voldemort (Harry Potter), the Sith Lords (STar Wars), Galbatorix (Inheritance Cycle), Dracula

He is Evil with a capital E.
He is in charge of a huge number of servants, but only a few are unwilling.
His Evil affects the land.
He is the master of all magic, and can do anything he likes with it.
He is quite diabolical.
He has several huge armies.
He is the personification of Evil.
People don't know his name, so forget about speaking it.
As mentioned before, he can bend all magic to his own will, and cast spells without tiring himself, and he is a god, so he can't die at all.

I would say bravo, he appears to be Dark Lord, though if he is a god it may be problematic. Also, at first I thought you wrote that he is god, not a god, and I was thinking 'how very phillip pullman' but then i was almost dissapointed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Gothmog, why are you disappointed?

BTW, a god in my universe is not like the Christian God, or even Greek/Roman gods, with huge power and being unkillable and isolated from men. He is more like a Norse god, though even those are distant. Think of him as very much alike to Sauron (I'll get sued if I ever publish my book, unless i name it a LOTR spinoff :-D ) a very powerful, evil, Power marshalling his forces from afar unless he gets in SERIOUS [word deleted], when he is a formidable, but not unkillable opponent (so long as you're not stupid enough to try and use magic, which he can twist as he wishes, but he can't cast his own spells (I know, it don't make no sense)).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I said ALMOST disapointed :)

I did not say Gods in your novel weren't. I like the sound of your books anyway. :D What I meant was I think its cool if God is evil and the Devil is good. Also, this;

Quote:
...to try and use magic, which he can twist as he wishes, but he can't cast his own spells

Does make sense to me :) . Speaking on this subject. I will not disclose much, but my chief antagonist is both very powerful, yet also completely powerless, he is indestructuble and unharmable, yet cannot harm anyone else. He cannot get killed but nothing can escape being sucked into the Void.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I said ALMOST disapointed :)

I did not say Gods in your novel weren't. I like the sound of your books anyway. :D

:D Now I just have to write them. Which reminds me: Does anyone have tips to get yourself to write more than a sentence or two. I've got lots of idea's, but I can't get myself to write them down :roll: .

Gothmogthewerewolf wrote:
What I meant was I think its cool if God is evil and the Devil is good.

That seems like a paradox, because if God becomes evil, he's the Devil, and if the Devil get's good, he'd be God (if I'm not mistaken, I'm not a theologist).

Gothmogthewerewolf wrote:
Quote:
...to try and use magic, which he can twist as he wishes, but he can't cast his own spells

Does make sense to me :) . Speaking on this subject. I will not disclose much, but my chief antagonist is both very powerful, yet also completely powerless, he is indestructuble and unharmable, yet cannot harm anyone else. He cannot get killed but nothing can escape being sucked into the Void.

Sound rather epic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

1) Write all your ideas in a paper or two, then put them on historical or book order if you plan writing more than one, then start by analysing each one by one from the first to the last 8) 8)
2) God cannot become evil, the enemy cannot become God as God is only the one that was not created, the enemy is created he can;t be God. Don't foret that before the time he was good but then he turned evil because he hated the idea that we men, lower than them would become angels when we went to paradise.
3) My main enemy will be defeated on the end of times.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

@Hilbert, concerning the second statement, if God and the Devil are fictional characters in a person's novel, they could be good or evil if the writer wanted them to be. If you wanted God to be good and the Devil to be evil, or both to be Good, or both to be Evil, God to be Evil and the Devil to be good, then its your book its up to you. Having studied philosophy of religion, I know plenty about God and Devil, and yes God was meant to be the only thing that wasn't created, he created time and space annd matter, and the Devil wa the leader of rebel angels, though I have yet to see any reason how they could exist in reality thus I do not think they are real.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Everyone has his opinion, as long as you don;t harm others with a difference one is okay.
At my novel the ONE is the creator of all, not created but creator. The first evil was one of the first spirits, the ultimate enemy... :wink:
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8