All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:35 am

Post subject: Airsoft
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I was just wondering if anyone here is into Airsoft or anything related like paintball/lasertag etc.. I've only recently started taking the hobby more seriously and got myself a few extra rifles & new sniper. At the moment it's only for running around the garden or forests with friends, but i do like the idea of a Skirmish.

Anyone else into this kinda stuff?
 Post subject: Re: Airsoft
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:53 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
I do! I have a very woodsy yard and lots of perfect things to take cover from. What sorta guns you got? Right now I have a Colt 1911( and I have brought down more guys with this than they did with their fully automatics rifles) and I am thinking about getting a Co2 AK-47( have a scope I am going to put on it) then a friend of mine is going to give me his other 1911 and a Semi/full auto rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'm very into airsofting and try to attend each woodland skirmish that takes place near my area every other weekend. My collection of guns are starting to build up as well now. It's expensive though, trust me to pick yet another expensive hobby...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Expensive, defiantly. At the moment I have a few pistols, an automatic carbine (with scope, laser, torch) and my new Sniper SA1. At the moment I just play with around 7 m8s or so at a forest. Haven't tried a proper Skirmish yet, they worth it?

That's my fav at the mo, but it's only for playing around at the mo.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm also into airsoft aswell. At the moment I have a semi/full automatic black ak-47, another, smaller ak-47, which is a lot less heavy than my full size ak-47. I also have a cheap spring 1911 pistol, which is really pathetic :P
My two older brothers are into airsoft aswell, and they both have about six fully automatic rifles, but they usually only use their best of them. They also have a couple Co2 pistols, and four gas blowback pistols. We usually go once every week in the summer unless we don't get enough peaple out, and only a couple times during the school year. The number of players we get is usually from eight to fifteen, but we have gotten around thirty peaple out at once. I think the most popular game type is the skirmish, when if you get enough peaple are a ton of fun. We have also played many other types of games, most of which I like, but their are a few I really hate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

@Drumtastic - I find skirmish worth it definitely. It costs a lot if you don't own your own gun but it's a fair price if you own your own equipment, as you're just paying to use the area then. We usually play Woodland games around here, though I'd also recommend trying out Urban, it's a completely different experience to woodland (and smaller more compact guns are more dominant in these situations - for example I use and MP5K).

If you can find a decent place, they'll probably also do night fights, which are great fun (especially with N.V.G :) ).

I'll post up pics of some of my guns when I can get to my camera.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sounds exciting, I'll be getting more guns in the future I'm sure. I'll try & get to a skirmish event sometime, but time will tell. It's quite a popular thing now Airsoft. My next gun I have my eyes on is an AK-47 atm
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Red Corsairs wrote:

If you can find a decent place, they'll probably also do night fights, which are great fun (especially with N.V.G :) ).

I'll post up pics of some of my guns when I can get to my camera.

Night fighting sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't think there is a place where I live that'll work, unless we have a lot of money.
Our group knows someone who own's a lot of land and lets us play on it. the place we usually play is like a ring of trees and brush, then an open field in the middle. If you haven't already guessed, we almost never go in the field in a skirmish, or nearly any other game because of the lack of cover. We are wanting to try some CQB sometime, like a battle in an abondoned house, but the only place we could do that is an hour away and is a bit expensive. Hopefully we can try it out once though.

I'll try to get a couple pics of my guns, and my brothers guns soon. Can't wait to see everyone elses!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Any pic would be great, I'll have to take one of mine - the one I had up top was only off the site i bought it off.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thought I'd revive this thread, anyone been to any airsoft events recently? I went to one not long ago, and it was just brilliant. I also went to a paintball one which was a first time, that was great fun. I would say I prefer airsoft for it's a bruise each time you get hit in paintball - I know I really need to man up, but oh well ehe. Had plenty of battle wounds to show for that one. Bought another new gun actually, an RK47 - which is just an AK pretty much. It's a half decent one, 200 quid so I'm slowly spending more and more money on guns, but it's worth it I'd say. :-D

Drum
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I have heard of it before but I don't really know what it is, any links to places that explain it?
Sounds quite fun so I may start it up.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
I have heard of it before but I don't really know what it is, any links to places that explain it?
Sounds quite fun so I may start it up.

Cyndra the Grey

Airsoft is really just play around with guns. They are realistic, and sometimes close replicas to real guns but shoot small plastic bullets. You can go from your spring powered, which is just like bolt action sniper rifles etc.. to your eletric ones and then to gas.

Here's a random example off youtube to show you what it's like, and is surprisingly in Scotland :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z91NE1ofC7U
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've only ever participated in paintball several times. The bruises aren't that bad and it's a lot more fun when your in a large group. Also, I too am interested in Airsoft Drumstick. I live about a mile from an air-gun shop so I may take a look tomorrow. And another thing, where is a good place, in Scotland, to try airsoft out?

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

True they're not that bad, but then again I suppose I shouldn't have ran to the centre to capture the flag mid game.... anyway, lol. There are plenty of places around Scotland and it's quite a popular hobby up here. I've only been to the one up in Inverness but if you google for Glasgow ones there will be quite a few just outside of Galsgow. If your just on your own you can join in on one of the nearest battles, but if you have a large group of friends who are all into it you can have your own battles together there. What we do mostly is a group of my friends from school have all bought bb guns. We join up every second week or so and go to one of the forests nearby. (one of them owns a forest so we are allowed to use that) This is only really possible if your in more of a rural area though.
It's definatly worth a try though, but it quite expensive to hire out guns everytime if you go there regularly. If you get into it your best option is to buy your own gun later on. Whats good about airsoft is it's cheaper by quite a bit, the guns are less expensive (and more realistic, because you don't need that heavy gas cylander) and paintballs are quite pricey.

Drum 8)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'll probably give it a go after my Highers. I'll have a lot of time and money to waste then. 8)

I don't live in a rural area but my grandparents do have a second house in Skye, in a small Hamlet... I'll see if I can get the keys to it during the summer and might buy a gun then go up North for a couple of weeks. :-D I could bring a couple of friends and use the 18 acres of land around the house for skirmishes.

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
I had one today. It was soo easy, I bought a spring Colt 1911 and a cheap electric P82. It was my bro with two other guys ( all had awesome spring pistols ) against a friend and me. AlI had to do as fire 1 shot and all of them but my brother would run. Fire a couple more and he would run for cover. I barely got hit at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:44 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I love playing it, but dont get the chance to play it much.. at all
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cool sounds fun. My mate is thinking about getting a group of us together to go play some paintball for his 16th b'day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I used to play Paintball but got into Airsoft and then into Nerf guns (they're cheap,easy to modify and/or make,and are more "indoor" friendly)

Click my link,you know you wanna: http://blackreaper93.blogspot.com/
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

BlackReaper wrote:
I used to play Paintball but got into Airsoft and then into Nerf guns (they're cheap,easy to modify and/or make,and are more "indoor" friendly)

ah yes Nerf guns, I've seen them before. They're okay in my opinion, not my kinda stuff though. I prefer to have that realistic fully automatic gun that can pelt half a mag of bbs into them before they've even blinked, lol. Thing i find about the Nerf guns is that they're too chunky.

Drum