i'm looking for alternitive figures(plastic) for my armies

They must be from the hail caesar site

please give me hints and also tell for wich army you guys use them

thx rutger
 Post subject: Re: got a question guys
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Some details would be nice.. Do you have a link? What kind of army do you want, etc. etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yeah, your question is a bit vague. Anything in particular you need? Factions?

Also - why just the Warlord site? Seems a strange limitation.

Anyway - the Gripping Beast Dark Age plastics are good all rounders for a lot of roles, and they're available on there. You could also try the Celts, or Ancient British miniatures for barbarian cultures such as Dunland - if you subscribe to the idea of Rohan being Saxons + Cavalry, then having the guys they conquered and warred with being visually similar to Native Brits is a neat concept (even if, historically, the native brits would have been basically Roman, the visual implications work well enough.)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Creaky wrote:
Yeah, your question is a bit vague. Anything in particular you need? Factions?

Also - why just the Warlord site? Seems a strange limitation.

Anyway - the Gripping Beast Dark Age plastics are good all rounders for a lot of roles, and they're available on there. You could also try the Celts, or Ancient British miniatures for barbarian cultures such as Dunland - if you subscribe to the idea of Rohan being Saxons + Cavalry, then having the guys they conquered and warred with being visually similar to Native Brits is a neat concept (even if, historically, the native brits would have been basically Roman, the visual implications work well enough.)

I'm looking for some khand warriors, Black Númenórean Warriors,Harad Abrakhân Guard,Dead Marsh Spectres
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:28 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

For the Khând warriors, Fireforge Games have coming out soon some new plastic Mongol infantry, with cavalry to follow. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 426&type=3

Black Numenoreans are something I'm struggling with myself - i like the GW ones, and have a warband of them already, but they seem to me to be more thralls, utterly in slavery to Sauron. I want to make, essentially, inverse versions of the current numenoreans. Picture Elendil, or Isildur, but with a few more spikes, Eye of Dauron motifs, the sea bird wings turned to dragon wings, etc. It'll be a heavy job if i ever get to them, and I'm leaning towards the Perry Men at Arms as base figures.

For you, mostly it depends on what you want them to look like. You could play around with Conquest Games Normans. My Arnor is basically them, with cloaks. Perhaps make them a bit more 'evil' looking. There's plenty of opportunity to make something up with Black Numenoreans, so it's really tough to answer without giving in to my own ideas. Not much in the way of GW-esque things out there, that i know of, either. :(

For the Haradrim, sadly i don't believe there are any plastics that are suitably middle eastern. You could perhaps use some of the Perry Miniatures Mahdists, but hey'd be more 'far harad' to me. I do know that Fireforge, who are doing the Mongols above, have plans for Saracens to compliment their crusader ranges, so you might want to wait and see what they produce.

As for the spectres - these should be fairly simple. Either conversions of the last Alliance plastics (someone put some great ones in the WiP section recently), or any generic 'undead' miniatures painted in a more ethereal, ghostly style than usual, to ensure there's no mistaking them for clanking skeletons or ghouls. Mantic games does a good selection of plastic undead, but i couldn't comment on whether they'd fit in well with LotR minis. I've seen some nice looking clear green plastic ghosts from Reaper miniatures, in their Bones line, and I've been sorely tempted. Like this one, for instance: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bo ... test/77097
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:33 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Creaky wrote:
For the Khând warriors, Fireforge Games have coming out soon some new plastic Mongol infantry, with cavalry to follow. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 426&type=3

Black Numenoreans are something I'm struggling with myself - i like the GW ones, and have a warband of them already, but they seem to me to be more thralls, utterly in slavery to Sauron. I want to make, essentially, inverse versions of the current numenoreans. Picture Elendil, or Isildur, but with a few more spikes, Eye of Dauron motifs, the sea bird wings turned to dragon wings, etc. It'll be a heavy job if i ever get to them, and I'm leaning towards the Perry Men at Arms as base figures.

For you, mostly it depends on what you want them to look like. You could play around with Conquest Games Normans. My Arnor is basically them, with cloaks. Perhaps make them a bit more 'evil' looking. There's plenty of opportunity to make something up with Black Numenoreans, so it's really tough to answer without giving in to my own ideas. Not much in the way of GW-esque things out there, that i know of, either. :(

For the Haradrim, sadly i don't believe there are any plastics that are suitably middle eastern. You could perhaps use some of the Perry Miniatures Mahdists, but hey'd be more 'far harad' to me. I do know that Fireforge, who are doing the Mongols above, have plans for Saracens to compliment their crusader ranges, so you might want to wait and see what they produce.

As for the spectres - these should be fairly simple. Either conversions of the last Alliance plastics (someone put some great ones in the WiP section recently), or any generic 'undead' miniatures painted in a more ethereal, ghostly style than usual, to ensure there's no mistaking them for clanking skeletons or ghouls. Mantic games does a good selection of plastic undead, but i couldn't comment on whether they'd fit in well with LotR minis. I've seen some nice looking clear green plastic ghosts from Reaper miniatures, in their Bones line, and I've been sorely tempted. Like this one, for instance: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bo ... test/77097

k thx for the help :D