All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:17 am

Post subject: Grim Hammer Conversion Help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I'm trying to keep dwarf my army a Khazad-Dum army. I was wondering what I would have to do to convert Grim Hammers into Khazad Guard. Should I just replace the axe head with a double bladed axe? If anyone has any ideas for bits to buy somewhere for the conversion I would appreciate it. If for some reason I don't convert any Grim Hammers, will my Khazad-Dum dwarf army be allowed to field dwarves of Erebor in an "official game" according to the rules? Thanks!
 Post subject: Re: Grim Hammer Conversion Help
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:06 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

-Replace hammer with axe head
-file down the scale armour around the legs and sculpt on some chainmail
-sculpt on some cloaks to make them stand out better

You can use Erebor warriors with a Khazad Dum force, but they must be an Allied contingent. A warband of Erebor troops must be led by an Erebor warrior - you cannot use a mixed warband of Khazad Dum and Erebor troops, they must be seperate warbands lead by their respective Heroes. e.g.

Just take a Warband of 12 Erebor Warriors lead by a Captain, and then a 2nd Warband of Khazad Guard lead by a Khazad Dum Hero.

A cool themed list you could do would be Balin's expedition. Decades after the Quest for Erebor and The Battle Of Five Armies, Balin lead an expedition to reclaim Moria. He set out from Erebor, so it makes sense that his Dwarves would have been equipped with Erebor equipment.

The new armoured Balin model, Khazad Guard converted from Grimhammers and Vault Wardens converted from Erebor Warriors, some Rangers and some Warbands of allied Erebor warriors would be a fun list.

Post subject: Re: Grim Hammer Conversion Help
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

That sounds great, thanks! I've been a big painter for many years but I've never really done much conversion or sculpting. This might be a great opportunity to try a new skill. As long as my sculpting skills turn out good enough, I'll post some pictures somewhere. I have an older Balin who should also work for a Moria expedition.