PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The two towers journeybook suggests:
Armour: Tin Bitz, Chainmail
Hair: Chaos Black, Codex Grey
Leather: Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown
Skin: Dark Flesh, combination of Dark Flesh and Bleached Bone
I would recomend following one of these tutorials wich are fairly easy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2BrPxREXs
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/kb.php?a=54
and here is a chart so you can match the old paints with the new:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart
 Post subject: Re: painting uruk hai
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I got good results using a base coat of doombull brown and shading with a turquoise, probably coelia greenshade. I don't know what level your painting is at but I used the twin priming technique and shaded down from the brightest colour. Pictures are in my work in progress thread somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Article from the Tomes Of Wisdom
kb.php?a=54

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:34 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Years ago there was a guide on the GW site. It's gone now, but I have the text of the guide, but no pictures. It's a really simple way to paint them and they come out great.

Quote:
Start things off with a hearty drybrush of Scorched Brown over the entire model. Use a

large drybrush and just go at it; don't worry about details at this point. Just get a good

covering of paint. Next, finish off the bases. Or don't! It's your choice. Personally, I prefer

to do the base early on as it simply gets it out of the way.

Okay, enough drybrushing; time to stipple instead. Paint all the metallic areas of the

model with a heavy stippling of Bestial Brown. We're talking shields, swords, helmets,

gauntlets, leggings, chestplates – everything that's metal! This coat of brown paint will

act as a layer of rust/beaten metal. Next, apply a solid coat of Scorched Brown to any

wooden handles or bows.

Time to finish up the metallic equipment. Go back over all the Bestial Brown areas you

just painted but this time with Boltgun metal. Give the armour, swords, and the like a

good stippling of Boltgun Metal. If you want a darker metal, mix in some Chaos Black

with your Boltgun Metal. You'll see how the rusting effect comes to life during this step.

Be sure to clean you water after using metallic paints, as tiny flecks will remain in the

water and spoil future colours. Once the metal is out of the way, finish the wooden parts

of your models by highlighting with Dark Flesh.

With a lot of the sloppy brushwork out of the way, it's time to concentrate on tidy

brushstrokes. Heavily highlight all the flesh areas with Dark Flesh. As you can see, the

earlier Scorched Brown drybrush has done a lot of the work for you. This fact becomes

very apparent when you next go over all the leather on the model once more with

Scorched Brown. Finish up by painting gloves, belts, straps, and any hair with Chaos

Black.

Highlight the skin with a mix of Dark Flesh and Bleached Bone. Start with only a bit of

Bleached Bone in your mix, then work your highlights up slowly. With the flesh taken

care of, move on to the leather. Grab Scorched Brown and once again mix in some

Bleached Bone. With this mix, highlight the edges and rises of the Uruk-hai garb. To

complete your basic Uruk-hai, mix together a bit of Codex Grey with Chaos Black and

highlight the edges of all the black leather and any strands of hair on un-helmeted Uruks.

At this point, you can add a few finishing touches to your models if you wish. Gore

spatter can be accomplished by layering Blood Red and Chaos Black followed by Blood

Red onto weapons, faces, and armour. Another easy detail that adds character is The

White Hand of Isengard. You can accomplish this symbol easily by slathering vaguely

hand-shaped Skull White icons on faces, shields, chests, or wherever. Finally, you can

pick out teeth with Bleached Bone or a dingier colour – after all, Uruk-hai aren't known

for their oral hygiene. So there you have it: six easy steps that get your Uruk-hai force

looking good in but a few evenings of painting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

thank you soo much all of you
this will prove extremely helpful