All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:56 pm

Post subject: Complete LoTR SBG Collector's guide?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:03 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ahoy mateys,

I've been doing a fair amount of ebaying over the last few days, as it turns out that alot of the the figures I liked back in the day are now OOP. I'm quite interested in getting hold of the OOP heroes and sets, as I actually prefer them to many of the new ones. I think that I'm going to set myself a rule of "if it's still in production, buy it in GW." That way I won't be glued to ebay all day and I can be sure I'm getting a good product. But for the OOP figs and sets I have little choice.

So, does anyone know of a list of all the figures GW has ever done for LOTR SBG? It would be good to have so that I can asses how much things are worth when bidding on them, and also for general use as a catalogue. That would be really helpful. If no such thing exists, could we put together a list of hero boxed sets and blisters here? I'll start with what I know, but feel free to add:

Heroes of Helms Deep (OOP)
Defenders of Rohan
Moria Fellowship (Plastic)
Attack at Weathertop
Ambush at Amon Hen
The scouring of the Shire
Warg Attack
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Breaking of the Fellowship
The Three Hunters
The White Council (OOP?)
Wringwraiths

I've got a feeling there were other OOP ones and OOP blisters/figs. though I may be wrong and more is stil available than I had thought. Can anyone add anything to that list? I'm sure there was a mounted wraith set and such.

Anway, thanks :),

Will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15007

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Aaaah thanks Josh 8)! A few things about it, one, many of the links in that thread are dead. For the latest guide visit http://gondolin.miniman.hu/ and click on "Collectors Guide" then right click and "save link as" over the word "Innen" at the bottom of that page. It's too big a file to open in your browser. Also, Adobe Acrobat doesn't like the file however Adobe Read seems to be fine with it.

Oh for Pete's sake I just noticed it in the stickies. Gawd I feel like a noob right now. Sorry :oops:

Will.