All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:52 pm

Post subject: Ebob Heads and What Figures to Convert
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:55 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I managed to convince Ebob to cast up a bunch of his splendid LOTR type heads for me. Now I could use some suggestions as to what figures I should use for the bodies.
First, I am not a gamer, but more a collector/dioramist, so I am not limited by any of the rules. The figures are just for my own enjoyment.

Second, I am very interested in the Fiefdoms and would like to depict what GW has not. I am open to any suggestions on any of the Fiefdoms except Dol Amroth, Lamedon and Losarnach. But all the rest are in play. I especially, would like to make some foot and mounted troops from Pelagir.

I think that I may use some of the heads with the very well done Conquest Games Normans to make some cavalry. Arnor springs to mind since I already have the foot figures done. Ebob heads on the Conquest Game bodies would make a really nice looking Arnor cavalry unit.

I have plenty of Dark Ages type figures to draw from. I have BTD Normans and Crusaders, Foundry Arthurians, Saxons and Franks and various others to use.
And, of course, hundreds of GW spare figures.

So help me out here. If you had a big bag of Ebob heads and plenty of figures to convert what would you make?
 Post subject: Re: Ebob Heads and What Figures to Convert
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:35 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wow!! 84 readers saw this and not a single person replied. Am I the only one doing conversions here?
Anyway someone on another site suggested the FireForge Knights. I ordered a couple of boxes of the Tuetonic Knights and will grab a few of the templers when they are available.
I am thinking Numenorean cavalry or perhaps Arnor, Pelegir or some other Fiefdom.

I did manage to get my hands on 24 nicely painted Old Glory "flailmen" that have really unique weapons. I'm thinking about one of the lesser know Fiefdoms that could only spare a handful of men. Any suggestions for these ?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Numenorean cavalry is a great idea, something I have been thinking about for quite a while tho never get around to actually putting into the planning stage.

Mounted Rangers would be another good conversion to take up.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Belfalas guards or Pinnath Gelin infantry, I'd say.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi mate, great to hear you have the heads at last! I've seen those Crusader knights and they look really cool. You could easily create a backstory for a unit from Lebennin. Many were found fighting at Pelargir when the Grey Company arrived, the Dead Host frightening all but Angbor who stood firm, fearless unto the last...

Lebennin was the largest of the Fiefdoms and yet none travelled with Imrahil to Minas Tirith. I would have guessed they were busy protecting the villages, forts and ports along the river in preparation for the Corsairs or any Orc raiding parties that might pass through. When Aragorn sailed up the Anduin to the aid of Gondor he took with him men from Lebennin and Lamedon (probably well armed men from Lamedon, not the hillmen). He also sent 4000 marching north with Angbor who arrived a day or two later. This force probably recruited more men from Lebennin along the way).

I have only created a generic 'militia' for the men of Lebennin but it is highly likely there were multiple factions (some of whom could wear those helmets perhaps).

You could also use the helmets for Golasgils personal guard or for the entire force of Pinnath Gelin who wore proud green garments (over mail)

Good luck :)