All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:57 pm

Post subject: Bolg Review
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi guys

My Bolg review click here

Sorry for swamping you guys with all these reviews but there's just so much new stuff on it's way.

Anyways I hope you find them more useful than annoying. Ummm I guess perhaps I should be putting these updates into one Topic Post?

Thanks as always.

Post subject: Re: Bolg Review
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:09 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Firstly, as with 95% of these, I already have the model but thought I'd check up on you. The price on Bolg is indeed steep.

Secondly, why were you the only guy in your loack store who was checking FC models meticulously? Everyone should check their FC models meticu;ously! My local store opens the boxes of FC models after paying, then helps you check through the contents, if you are not happy, they pick up another, sometimes letting you keep certain parts.

Thirdly, Bolg should scale at more than 7 feet. Conan Steven, who plays Bolg (and the Mountain That Rides in GoT) is 7' 1" He used to be a wrestler I think.

Fourthly, nice review. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Gandalf is supposed to be over 6' I thought. I seem to recall Tolkien describing him as quite tall.

Your Bolg came with the smaller sword attached eh? Interesting, mine came with both rattling around in the clamshell.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thanks for posting these. I don't feel like you're overwhelming us with updates. I really like it that you post here when you post something new on your blog, as I don't seem to check yours otherwise for some reason... 8)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Get in thereeeeeee great stuff :yay:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Firstly, as with 95% of these, I already have the model but thought I'd check up on you. The price on Bolg is indeed steep.

Secondly, why were you the only guy in your loack store who was checking FC models meticulously? Everyone should check their FC models meticu;ously! My local store opens the boxes of FC models after paying, then helps you check through the contents, if you are not happy, they pick up another, sometimes letting you keep certain parts.

Thirdly, Bolg should scale at more than 7 feet. Conan Steven, who plays Bolg (and the Mountain That Rides in GoT) is 7' 1" He used to be a wrestler I think.

Fourthly, nice review. 8)

Hahaha ok, I'll take more care now I know someone is checking me :) But as you'll only be buying the one it's a little easier to deal with...

I agree, I thought everyone would be checking the quality in store, perhaps their customers are general not too worried about the quality.. Unless I take a little more care than most to ensure that what I'm paying for is what I'm getting, not sure, though it's a positive thing the quality has improved.

Ummmm so an inch out :) I only estimated, just wanted to let people know he is quite a menacing size for a "non-monster" type..

And of course lastly, thank you. Glad you like the review :)
Lord Hurin wrote:
Your Bolg came with the smaller sword attached eh? Interesting, mine came with both rattling around in the clamshell.

Yes it was only the sword that needed to be glued onto his back that was seperate, and that was safely attached to the sprue.. It's interesting to hear how other people have received their models.
theavenger001 wrote:
Thanks for posting these. I don't feel like you're overwhelming us with updates. I really like it that you post here when you post something new on your blog, as I don't seem to check yours otherwise for some reason... 8)

Thank you, I'll continue to do so :)
MeatBoy1994 wrote:
Get in thereeeeeee great stuff :yay:

As requested :)