All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:19 am

Post subject: Winged Nazgul holding reigns in both hands - viable?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys :)

Basically I'm assembling a fell beast army (since I've finally bought the rest of the models and taken the plunge), and I'd like to add some variety to each of the magnificent men in their flying machines which represents their role on the battlefield.

- At the moment I'm assembling the Witch King, one of my combat wraiths, and am following this guide here:-

http://simbattleboard.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... beast.html

(it just gives you an e.g of what I'm trying to achieve see - the WK as a combat wraith, is having his fell beast posed in an aggresive fashion)

- Now while all that's well and good, that's not the focus of this thread :). No, what I want to know is how can I make my 2nd support nazgul look like he's not actually doing much fighting? (If that makes sense)

The main idea I had was to assemble him holding the reigns of his beast with both hands, whilst perhaps surveying the battlefield from above. Now while obviously the 2 plastic generic wraiths come with swords in one hand, some converting is necessary...

What I thought was I could use the sword arm that kind of sticks out to the side, cut all traces of the sword away, use the armoured fell beast head, then use the long reign for the side joining to his right hand hand - glue it to his hand that is now out to the side, and then connect it (either by bending it or green-stuffing some extra reign) to the other which holds the left reign...

So first off - 1) Does that make sense what I'm thinking of doing - would you like it re-worded, or perhaps with pics if possible?

and 2) More importantly, is it viable? Would it work? Would it look cool?

Thanks.
 Post subject: Re: Winged Nazgul holding reigns in both hands - viable?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

If you don't want him holding a sword you could snip it off and change the hand to a pointing finger, as though he had spotted something on the battlefield?