All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:36 am

Post subject: Questions on Erebor Dwarves
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi all!
I'm hoping to start an Army of Thror force over the next few months, and my head is swimming with conversion ideas etc so I just wanted to ask a few questions before I get down to business.
From the sprue pictures on the GW website for the Warriors of Erebor, it appears as though it contains enough shields for ALL 12 of the dwarves in the kit. Is this the case?
Just wanted to know as I'd like my spearmen (or should i say spear-dwarves) to have shields, but the painted minis they show appear to not have any figure with a spear and a shield.
Also, it looks like the Erebor Warriors and the Grimhammers seem to be much more "poseable" as they appear to be more multipart than past plastic LoTR minis. Are these pieces between the kits at all interchangeable, I'm thinking off adding some of the spears from the Warriors of Erebor to the Grimhammers to create some diversity in the force.
Any help would be much appreciated!
 Post subject: Re: Questions on Erebor Dwarves
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i dont know about your second question, but i definatley know you get 12 shields with warriors of erebor
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yes there are 12 shields in the box. Some are moulded onto arms (I think 3) but otherwise that's it.

As for poseability, they are the same as most LotR models in that there is one intended pose and anything else looks mostly unnatural. I can't remember the exact way that the Grimhammers go together but a lot of them have the weapon moulded onto one hand and then that gets glued onto the main torso. There really isn't much poseability.

Hope I helped,
VG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

That's a shame about the poseability, they looked like they maybe could on the sprue images. Alas I will just cut them up!
And that is very good news about the shields, thank you for the help guys, I appreciate it! :)