All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:45 am

Post subject: finecast mounted Azog problems
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:12 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

the wargs on three finecast Azogs have had the same problem length of the back of the warg has failed to set in the correct position. Just seeing if others have had the same problem
 Post subject: Re: finecast mounted Azog problems
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Since I have never returned a single mini ever (well over 2000 models now), I can't say I would know how. But I have worked on many fine cast models, often they are not cured in a position that glues or sits right (or maybe they bend when being removed from the mold and since the worker has a quota to meet it gets tossed in the bin for packing). They normally have to be warmed up with hot water and fixed then placed in cold water. Since I wash all my miniatures anyway, I just do it then. You should practice doing this anyway, since even if you get a perfect one, a single hot day or if you ever transport them in a hot car, well you can have melted reposed finecast models and will need to repair them. I had it happen twice on the same model, the horse legs bent in the warm summer air, finally had to do some strategic pinning to give it some more to hold with and it is fine now, but I check that model every warm summer day (and the other finecast models too). I may need to store them in a cooler for the summer as I paint up more fincast troops.

Unless the miniature is missing an arm or leg, I would say you will have to alter the pose on your own or decide not to have the model. Metal models have the same problems sometimes and are far harder to correct as they can break if bent or require tools to bend it and can damage the mini doing that.