All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:38 am

Post subject: Replacements for foot knights of Dol Amroth
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:12 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As above . GW has delisted the foot models and looking for alternatives.I also refuse to pay silly money on ebay for models I dislike. The mounted models are just about acceptable for me , but the foot models just look too "warhammy" , the esthetic for me not fitting in with the rest of the range. I did consider the Perry minis re C15 Eng Army and War of the Roses.
They do look good, but historically it appears shields had fallen out of use So would have to kit bash to add them.
The other make I've looked at are the Deus Velt Foot templers or teutons.
So has anybody any experiance of either of these ranges , would they fit scale wise? Do people have any other suggestions ?
 Post subject: Re: Replacements for foot knights of Dol Amroth
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:21 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I personally use Warriors of Numenor painted in Blues and Whites with Dol Amroth shields. I never cared for the official Foot Knights models (with the oversized head gear). As an added benefit you can get a ton cheap on ebay.

The Perry range generally fits well size wise with LotR models. There has been some scale creep on more recent releases, but more often than not they work just fine.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think I would go with either the Perry English Army or Foot Knights, or the Fireforge Templars, and give them Ebob's Swan Heads.

I guess you would need to find shields for the Perry miniatures, but that doesn't sound like it would be too much trouble if you like the bodies well enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Now I'm even more torn, never thought of using the Warriors of Numenor, which means I get to use models which sitting around and unused. But thoses ebob heads look really cool.

Most prob try out the Warriors of Numenor as they will primarily be dismounts, but that 12" banner of Imrahil makes one tempting.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:01 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

He's got the heads in stock, I emailed him earlier this week. The Fireforge games mounted minis are beautiful. Many gamers have used them successfully. Size wise, they are exactly the same size as LoTR minis. I particularly like the assortment of weapons with them. Should be some crossbows for uruks or corsairs too. I also wanted to use the foot Templars for these guys, so please post pics!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:42 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I alway try to buy models from GW to prevent problems in any tournys, and using the Warriors of Numenor would be the most wallet freindly, partic ,as I intend to use them as really only as dismounts (and i already have the models ). The inital force being the hammer to a Gondor anvil built around Faramir and Damrod.

The fire forge stuff looks great and may pick up one just for bitz really ,I intially favoured the Teutons because of their heavier armour. But thought fluff wise the Harad being a hotter climate templer look would fit a raiding force.