All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:14 am

Post subject: Calgary (AB Canada) WotR Club!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:40 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

WELL,
It 's a bit much to call it a War of the Ring club yet; but the intent is there! But I thought I'd post this here so that people knew there was some decent support for War of the Ring in Calgary, Alberta!

I've managed to get a few other people into War of the Ring: there's myself, three other guys who all have armies up and running, there's another guy who's come by to game once, another guys who's almost ready to start playing, PLUS three more who look to have armies in the works ...time will tell whether that means they actually play or not.

We've decided that the last Sunday of every month is when we'll meet at our LGS (Sentry Box)--we've even had the 40k players regularly stop by our tables to watch the action unfold :!:

The army spread is pretty decent as well:
Mordor/Angmar army (2000+ pts)
Angmar army (2000+pts)
Galdrim army (1500 pts)
Isengard army (1700 pts)
Misty Mountains (1800 pts)
Easterling army (2000 pts) [this is the guy who has shown up just once...so Easterlings being regulars is a toss up right now)

The armies in the works are Rohan, Dwarves (BIG maybe on the dwarfs though) and a second Elf army.

After typing all that, it would look like we're a full-fledged club already :!: but the "regulars" right now are just me, with my Mordor-Angmar models and one other guy...with his Angmar list (though the Galdrim-army guy has been by often...but has only played once so far).

Right now we're gaming rules-as-written from the book with the exception that Will of Iron is successful on a 3+ ...but the game is screwy enough at the best of times that I'm sure some common-sense house rules will surface.

Long term goal: run a campaign where we start off skirmishing with Battle Companies and use that to build up our heroes for WotR...and NOT use any Epic heroes (our built-up heroes will be our epic heroes). But we'll see if that ever comes to fruition....

PM me if you are curious about any details (times, dates, addresses etc).

Post subject: Re: Calgary (AB Canada) WotR Club!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Sounds pretty cool but no Gondor? How depressing. I have friend that plays Isengard/Misty Mountains and if he finds a good paying IT job out there I'll let him know about you guys.

Post subject: Re: Calgary (AB Canada) WotR Club!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeah, no one has any Gondor...well, I do--just not in any great quantity. Here's hoping your friend finds something worthwhile to facilitate the move to Calgary--more War of the Rings fans would definitely be welcome!!