All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:17 am

Post subject: County Durham and Cleveland, England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Is anyone here from County Durham or Cleveland in the Northeast? I'm currently living in Middlesbrough as I'm a student at the Uni there but will soon be completing my final year and going home to Newton Aycliffe. I'm going to have a lot of free time soon enough, so am hoping to get back into Lord of the Rings this summer (havn't played for a year :shock: ).

I often visit GW Middlesbrough or Darlington, and I'm a member of the Middlesbrough Gaming Club. Places like Darlington, Bishop Auckland and Middlesbrough are easy enough places for me to get to.

Last edited by Pindergorn on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Count Durham and Cleveland, England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO :D Someone near me :D

Heres the bad bit..... I've never played a game in my life but would love to learn... if you don't mind having to teach me what I'm doing I'd love to play. :)

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
 Post subject: Re: County Durham and Cleveland, England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

No I don't mind at all. I've been playing SBG for about 9 years now, but never on a regular basis - 5 games a year at most - so my knowledge of the game isn't that far ahead of yours. And I've had maybe 3 games, in the last 3 years. All due to College, University, lack of opponents, video games, Warhammer 40K...

Where do you live? And do you play at any clubs or particular GW stores?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I live in Stockton - can get to Middlesbrough GW anytime 8)

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Cool! For the moment while I'm still at uni I'm living in a student house near the centre of Middlesbrough, until end of June then I go home for good. :D

I don't really recommend the Middlesbrough GW for gaming - they closed down the Gaming room at the back due to constant theft (theres a fire exit backing out onto an alley). So now they just have four gaming tables available, but on most days three of them are taken up by display and demonstration boards.

I don't go to GW often now (only to buy or chat to staff), I usually go to the Middlesbrough Gaming Club. We meet in the St Mary's Community Centre every Tuesday and Thursday, 6pm-10pm. We've got several tables available for Gaming so space is rarely a problem, and theres a big well stocked cupboard of terrain. Your first visit is free, subsequent visits are £2. The first Saturday of every month is usually a Megaday - we book a larger Hall in the centre from 10am to 6pm. Theres one this coming Saturday (3rd March) as a matter of fact - I can set up an intro game for you if you're interested.

http://www.m-gc.co.uk/cms/page.php?3

Quote:
Middlesbrough Gamers club is one of the largest gaming clubs in the United Kingdom with in excess of 250 members currently active. We play a wide selection of games, from war games to card games, board games to role-playing games, whatever game you play, you can be pretty sure to find an opponent.
Where to find us
Our club meets in the St Mary's Centre in Middlesbrough which is located at the following address: 82-90 Corporation Road Middlesbrough TS1 2RW Here is a link to a map of the area. http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MMREDR#JnE9LlRTMSUyYjJSVyU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj02MC4zMTQ3NjUyNjE0MDklN2UxMi4zODY5MjM3OTAxMjUlN2U0Ny44NzAzNzg4NzA4MTA4JTdlLTE1LjA1NjkyMzg2NjEyNQ==
Dates & Times
The club currently meets every Tuesday and Thursday apart from the first Thursday of every month. Our weekday meetings take place between 6pm and 10pm. Periodically we also run special Mega Day events on a Saturday which allow those longer games to be played and also make the ideal venue for tournaments. These events run from 10am until 6pm giving double the time to play those big games!
Wanting to join us?
As a new member of the club, your first visit is free, after which the club subscription fee (to pay for rent and games) is £2 per meeting or £2.50 for a Saturday Megaday. In order to qualify as a full member, you will need to attend at least 6 meetings at which point you will be eligible to vote at the AGM, loan books, and also be put forward to become a committee member.

The club is easy to find, the St Mary's Community centre is right across the road from the large Cineworld on Marton Road.

I much prefer the Club over the local GW, more space, a better atmosphere, you see the same faces every week, theres a much wider range of Games (from GW to historicals to traditional RPGs to board games), and there are no rules on what models you can use.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:02 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

:) pm sent

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I know for a fact that Dezartfox lives in Cleveland in Middlesburpugh and plays SBG as I have just posted some models to his address. You could PM him if you want another opponant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yes I realised, just read the list of OneRingers.