All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: WotR (or SBG) players in Greater Manchester?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Definitely!

And if that becomes the case, some suggestions for a club name could be quite fun!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cheadles smeagols lol
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

ste271276 wrote:
Cheadles smeagols lol

Haha not bad!

Anyone else got some to throw into the pot? My mind has gone blank!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:48 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Mindblanking for a name atm, but valentine's Day holds no bars for me. I'm not working that night though, so I'll turn up at 8:45 (instead of 7:45, lol) and if people aren't up for it, that's cool.

If people wanna get away quicker, we'll do 250pts/team doubles if there are four of us or 100 points a head as a three way battle royale or 250pts/side if there are two.

Aye, the warcry was fun, but it felt wrong having shaved so recently, lol :D
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hashut's Blessing wrote:
Mindblanking for a name atm, but valentine's Day holds no bars for me. I'm not working that night though, so I'll turn up at 8:45 (instead of 7:45, lol) and if people aren't up for it, that's cool.

If people wanna get away quicker, we'll do 250pts/team doubles if there are four of us or 100 points a head as a three way battle royale or 250pts/side if there are two.

Aye, the warcry was fun, but it felt wrong having shaved so recently, lol :D

Haha, still, your pronunciation was perfect, even without the beard! A* for delivery!!

I'm still up for a quick game, although as you saw on Thursday with my very rude phone glancing situation, I am accountable! We'll be celebrating our valentines when we head down to London for the weekend but I think Jayne would still want me back to cook a nice meal and light some candles etc! Maybe if we played some form of points victory and have a time limit next week? Count the points no matter what once we hit that time.

What would your thoughts be on that? Then we're still getting some gaming :) It'll be definitely you and I, Hashut, although Ste will have to leave it another week with it being Valentine's which I'm sure we can sympathise with! Gothmog might be available though but more than happy for a quick game whomever is involved!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:46 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ye unfortunately ill def have to wait another week, I dropped a suggestion bout celebrating Valentines on Sat instead and the look of death followed, lol
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

ste271276 wrote:
Ye unfortunately ill def have to wait another week, I dropped a suggestion bout celebrating Valentines on Sat instead and the look of death followed, lol

:rofl: Hahahaha! Yeah, I'm avoiding that look of death and am just not saying anything!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

See, being a lonely heart means I have to get a mirror for the look of death ;)

Aye, if you're wanting to risk the ire of the good lady, a time limit best be in place. Keep it a small game as well and it'll be quick - remember me saying we started the store off at 125pts? Takes about 20mins unless it goes squiffy and can play two, maybe three games and have you home in time for romance :D
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hashut's Blessing wrote:
See, being a lonely heart means I have to get a mirror for the look of death ;)

Aye, if you're wanting to risk the ire of the good lady, a time limit best be in place. Keep it a small game as well and it'll be quick - remember me saying we started the store off at 125pts? Takes about 20mins unless it goes squiffy and can play two, maybe three games and have you home in time for romance :D

You're a considerate soul! Let's keep it small, short and sweet then :)

See you Thursday!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Tbh, I won't be wanting to be coming unless it is at leats 500pts, any lower and you cannot take an army, and I have loads of models I never get to use.

More importantly, there i sno way I would travel all that way for a really small, short game, it wouldn't be worth the travel.

Also, what time does it finish? I have a uni lecture on friday mornings unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Where you coming from Gothmog?, I think they are just having a smaller point game this week only because of Valentines day then will be minimum 500 from then on ( correct me if am wrong)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

ste271276 wrote:
Where you coming from Gothmog?, I think they are just having a smaller point game this week only because of Valentines day then will be minimum 500 from then on ( correct me if am wrong)

Exactamundo. You're not obliged to attend Gothmog, these are just friendly, informal get togethers to learn and play the game :) be nice to have you down sometime if you can make it. Hashut and I did a 500pt game last Thursday, just this week, with it being valentine's day, we're keeping it short and sweet. But Ste will be down the week after that and we should be back to 500pts plus :)

Which armies are you thinking of bringing buddy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I live in Farnworth, not too far from Bolton. Manchester is the opposite way, would take well over an hour buswise, and parents wouldn't take me every time. It won't be every time however, as I'll soon be too busy.

What I'll do is, give this week a pass since its mini anyway, but as long as someone else is there, and unforseen circumstances occur, I'll try and ask for a lift next Thurday, (please remind me of the address again)

Since I'm a little rusty, I'd be bringing a 500pt Mordor army, as that should be easy to get back into gear with. I have lots of Mordor variations, as well as Harad, Easterlings, Moris, Angmar, Goblin Town and Azog's Hunters currently. Also will be getting Elves at some point (I only have 1 leaderless box atm), and I have The 3 Trolls but they're still in boxes.

I will inform you when I get conformation as to whether I can come next week or not.

In March however, I probably won't be free again until Easter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
I live in Farnworth, not too far from Bolton. Manchester is the opposite way, would take well over an hour buswise, and parents wouldn't take me every time. It won't be every time however, as I'll soon be too busy.

What I'll do is, give this week a pass since its mini anyway, but as long as someone else is there, and unforseen circumstances occur, I'll try and ask for a lift next Thurday, (please remind me of the address again)

Since I'm a little rusty, I'd be bringing a 500pt Mordor army, as that should be easy to get back into gear with. I have lots of Mordor variations, as well as Harad, Easterlings, Moris, Angmar, Goblin Town and Azog's Hunters currently. Also will be getting Elves at some point (I only have 1 leaderless box atm), and I have The 3 Trolls but they're still in boxes.

I will inform you when I get conformation as to whether I can come next week or not.

In March however, I probably won't be free again until Easter.

It'll be great to have you involved, even if it is just the odd occasion when you can make it :)

A Morder player too! Maybe the Dwarves will forgive the decimation of their company by Halbarad's Rangers and join forces against the forces of Sauron! Hashut? Forgive and forget?

The details for the Centre are here http://www.abneycentre.org.uk/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Forgvien when the grudge is righted. Never forgotten. I'm a true Dwarf, kiddo ;)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hashut's Blessing wrote:
Forgvien when the grudge is righted. Never forgotten. I'm a true Dwarf, kiddo ;)

Haha see you tonight buddy!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Just a teaser before I post up the battle report of tonight's game, but oh my days... 250pts of pure intensity! Great game Hashut! Sets us up nicely for everyone else joining us next week!

Will try get everything up tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Thermo wrote:

Yes
Please do.
Or tonight?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

LordElrond wrote:
Thermo wrote:

Yes
Please do.
Or tonight?

Patience my friend :) Just grabbing lunch and have a bit of work to do, then I'm on it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Indeed, so pleased we belayed the Valentine's festivities you had planned for one last turn :D Genuinely so close that had we played another turn, I couldn;t say if it would be win, draw or loss for me :D

Looking forward to the batrep.

I decided to bring three armies this time (two of which were 125pts that I could double for 250pt gam. Instead, I added them together!). So I used Harad and the Easterlings. An Easterling Captain with 10 Easterling Warriors, carrying 6 pikes and 4 bows, allied with a Haradrim Chieftain with bow and 3 Half Trolls of Far Harad with two-handed weapons.
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next