All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:31 am

Post subject: 1500 Points BoFA east or west
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

[*]I wondered about how you could use Thorin's Company in an competitive (themed) army. I want to use all 13, so the bofa. I made two lists one with dain and his warriors and a few man from Laketown (the east side of the goode army) and one with woodelves (western side of the good army). I decided to play 1500 points, because the company is about 800 itself and I wanted to have enough models. Basically I added 700 point armies to make it to 1500.

Heres (my favorite) east list:

Thorin's Company (just Thorin upgraded with Orcrist and Oakenshield (795 points)

Dain Ironfeet, (not yet) King of Erebor
6 Dwarf Warrior with shield
1 Dwarf Warrior with banner
5 Khazad Guards

Shieldbearer
12 Dwarf Warrior with shield

Floi Stonehand
12 Dwarf Warrior with dwarf bow

Alfred the Counciller
12 Laketown Guard with spear

I want to take Dain because of theme. I'm not really happy with Floi because he doesn't really fit in it, but I thought his special rule will be really helpful in such a big game and it adds something, your opponent has to think about. Because I already had enough might a chose the shieldbearer over a captain. Alfred is there because he is cheap and his spearmen boosts the model count but besides he could help some of Thorin's company (the one with little might) to da even better without even risking might (if they spent it before).

I think this army really could do well. I have plenty big close combat heros (first of all Dain and Dwalin with ther +1 to wound, then Thorin, Gloin and Dori with all 3 attacks) and enough the opponent has to think about, for example Bombur and Floi and Ori, Oin and Balin can support, too. With 65 models I'm a little bit low, but the high deafense and just as many spears as needed should fit this.

The second army is weaker I think, because the warriors are too expensive and will die to fast, but I wanted to post ist and hear what you think about it:

Thorin's Company (orcrist and Oakenshield)

Thranduil
5 Woodelf Warrior
5 Woodelf Warrior with Woodelf spears

Woodelf Captain with Elvenbow
5 Woodelf Warrior
5 Woodelf Warrior with Woodlelf spears

Legolas with armour
6 Mirkwood Guards with Elvenbows
5 Mirkwood Gurads with Elvenbows and Woodelf spears

Tauriel
6 Mirkwood Rangers

I have more ranged weapon, but I think the elfs will die way to fast in close combat. I choosed this heros, because I don't want any Lorien heros in BoFA and they were the best (and more or less only) choice.

What do you think about those ideas?