All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:33 am

Post subject: wotr allies question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:45 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i have a rohan army and want to include ents. does that mean i have to get treebeard? could gandalf count as the forgotten kingdoms hero and then get ents if treebeard is neccesary. . . .that was a confusing sentence so second try, If i do need treebeard before i can get ents, can gandalf replace him?

Post subject: Re: wotr allies question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:56 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hi Westfold, you do not need to treat the allies as a separate lot in terms of the decree of rarity etc, have another look at the section on the 'decree of allies' on pg 86.

So, as long as your overall force has a leader and at least one common formation from the base list, it then just has to select the rest of the army so that it satisfies all three decrees overall. This means that the allies could be all Epic heroes, all rares or all commons. It does not matter as long as the whole army has no more rares than commons etc.

With that said, given what a lot of people do with their allies, I often think forcing allies to have their own leader and at least as many common formations as rares within that 25% would not be the worst houserule in the world. Still, in your case, it is perfectly ok to say take two Ents as allies for a 1000pt Rohan list.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:04 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

thanks a ton!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Xelee wrote:
Hi Westfold, you do not need to treat the allies as a separate lot in terms of the decree of rarity etc, have another look at the section on the 'decree of allies' on pg 86.

So, as long as your overall force has a leader and at least one common formation from the base list, it then just has to select the rest of the army so that it satisfies all three decrees overall. This means that the allies could be all Epic heroes, all rares or all commons. It does not matter as long as the whole army has no more rares than commons etc.

With that said, given what a lot of people do with their allies, I often think forcing allies to have their own leader and at least as many common formations as rares within that 25% would not be the worst houserule in the world. Still, in your case, it is perfectly ok to say take two Ents as allies for a 1000pt Rohan list.

Cheers

Yes, unlike SBG, you don't have to include an epic hero in each allied faction. There's been some confusion over that.