All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:22 pm

Post subject: Minas Morgul/Nazgul 500 Pts
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi there!

I'm working in a shadow list and I really like Black numenorean miniatures. Here it is what I thought:

Grishnákh with shield

Black numenorean warrior x9
Orc warrior with spear x9
Orc Warrior with banner x1

Black Numenorean knight x5

The Shadow Lord with horse
Orc tracker x12

The idea is to protect orc trackers with SL because they have low armour. The SL has a horse because I can use his magic powers in a more efficient way or protect the knights instead leaving the orc trackers in a protected area like a forest or ruins. Grishnák gives more Might power to the list and makes it legal in tournaments as the captain of Minas Morgul orcs.

Any idea or suggestion? Thank you very much!

Last edited by Tharkan on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Minas Morgul/Nazgul 500 Pts
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:17 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Firstly, orcs can;t have lances, but I think you mean spears. Secondly, the Shadow Lord can't have an armoured horse, only a normal one, and that gives you 5pts to play with. Next, you need more moodels, so maybe drop the banner. Next, it's not a bad first army, for a beginner, next, trackers don't need extra protection from archery, the whole point is you want your enemy to shoot at them and not your main battleline, which needs to be bigger, but still take the SL as hes uber-powerful.

Does that help? Also, welcome to the site :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thx for your tips and sorry about my mistakes ;)
Yep... I'm a beginner! And I played against elves very often so I have a lot of fear of ranged units. About needing more units, I don't understand why it's so important lot of miniatures (specially in dark forces). Dark forces have lower combat attribute and then they are going to die more often. I always thought more dice in a single struggle is better than fighting more times (that's why I put a banner in the list). Surely I'm wrong. Anyway, what kind of troops do you recommend me with this army? Black numenorean are really expensive I think. More plain orcs?

Thank you again!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:16 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It's important to have more numbers because in general, good armies have better heroes. Dark forces in general do not have lower combat attribtion, because their average fight value and strength is higher than that of good, ever sibnce the stat creep. More dice in a single struggle can be better, banners are good especially for orc, but ATM you don''t have enough niumbers.

Now onto more direct help, yes Black Numeooreanns are expensive but they are actually worth more tahn 9pts each actuall, too cheap for highj fight and defence plus terror, they're very good. To boosdt numnbers though dropping the banner is on eof the best ideas. If not, either drop all morgul knights OR all black numenoreans, and get more orcs, if you then gop over the limit, then either put a few back into the list or make use of a HANDFUL of Morgul Stalkers and/or Spectres.

Post subject: Re: Minas Morgul/Nazgul (SBG) 500 Pts
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:15 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I revised my list with GothmogtheWerewolf advices, trying to maximize numbers

Orc captain with shield x1
Black Numenorean x8
Orc warrior with spear x13
Orc warrior x8
Orc warrior with banner x1

The Shadow Lord nazgul

Orc tracker x15

Black numenorean knight x2

49 models, 4 might, 15 orc bows, 500 points.

More simple warriors commanded by the Shadow Lord and an generic orc captain facing the light. Perhaps, the two knights are a bit out of the list and i could use some Marsh spectres or Morgul stalkers. I prefer the banner because I like it very much and I don't know how to use the cavalry properly. I dropped Grishnák because I prefer having more points for other units. I don't know if the generic orc warrior without shield is a good choice (or if it's better equip them a shield). If I use the trackers out of the SL presence, then I can protect my bloody orcs and use the captain with the trackers for heroic shoots.

Thank you for reading again!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

If you droppe dthe knights and one vanilla orc or tracker you could get 3 spectres or stalkers. If you like. The stalkers could be used to protect your archers, hide behind them until they are engaged, then attack them in the sides. If your using spectres, make sure you have the Shadow Lord cast courage reducing spells, so the spectres can then draw your enemies were you want with greater ease. The choice sis up to you 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If you regularly play elves then remember that the black numenorians terror will not likely do much to an elf, even with the shadow lords "harbinger of evil" rule. I would simply recomend A troll chief (to outfight elf heroes) the shadow lord, and as many orcs as you can fit in. Alternatively to the troll chief you could take a cheap fight 6 evil hero and an orc taskmaster. Another option is to take a different wraith and take an orc drummer so you can get to your enemy quicker (meaning the enemy does not get as much of a chance to shoot you) I understand that Knight of Umbar, an orc taskmaster and a drummer is a good combo sinc eyou get heaploads of might to plow into the enemy and you can outfight most enemies. The knight of umbar is a pretty flimsy model when it comes to bowfire though...