Gamling on horseback with Royal Standard of Rohan - 110 pts
Erkenbrand on horseback - 75 pts
7x Riders of Rohan - 91 pts

Captain of Rohan w/shield - 50 pts
2x Rohan Royal Guard - 20 pts
6x Warriors of Rohan w/ shield - 42 pts
2x Warriors of Rohan w/ throwing spear and shields - 18 pts

21 troops; 33% bows; 494 pts.

It's rubbish but I love Rohan and yet I don't have many troops of theirs. I had to include Theoden because he along with Sam is my favourite character. I also had to include Gamling because Theoden doesn't go anywhere without him. The rest is made up of anyone else I had left over. It would get slaughtered every time but there you go.
 Post subject: Re: Rubbish 500 pt Rohan army
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello :)

First off SBG has moved into the new WarBands ruleset where 1 hero leads 0-12 troops. You should check out a local hobbyshop for the new books (probably the relm of men or something along those lines that has Rohan in it). It has some exciting new rules for Rohan units, you should take a look :)

As per your army, you really are not hero heavy enough to warrent the royal banner for Gamling. If you MUST have him, I would take him without the banner and bring a few more troops. As you have erky, and some spare points, it also wouldn't hurt to use the new Riders of the Westfold upgrade from the new Warbands books. I would also drop your capitain and bring more troops as well (as with theoden, erky, and gamling you have at least 36 troops to buy before you need to consider another hero) And if you are going to grab another hero, at least make it Grimbold who can upgrade your Warriors of Rohan. Right now, your biggest problem is you are too hero heavy and don't have enough foot soldiers. If you were to face Isengard right now, you would be outnumbered by superior soldiers and in serious trouble. Theme or no theme, there is no honor in suicide.

Why don't you think about what I said and write up another list and maybe you won't think it's so rubbish anymore 8)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I know SBG is in the warband ruleset now. It just that I have hardly any Rohirrim. All I have in addition to this is Hama, Eowyn, Eomer and 8 archers and I can't afford anything more anytime soon. Gamling has the Royal Standard because it's the only version of him on horseback and I am terrible at conversions. I can't replace the captain with troops because I only have archers and then I would go over the bow limit. I actually didn't realise I had so few troops until I started putting the list together a few days ago. This was literally the best list that I could put together lol. Believe me if I could have done the things that you suggested I would ahve already done them.

My Gondor army led by Faramir is far superior to this.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Why not just play at a lower point level? I mean, it looks like you could have a decent 300-350pts list sitting in there.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

1) Heroes does not count at bow limit...
2) I believe you need more warriors( I know you haven't right now, but... may be in the future) I would say to remove Theoden...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Blackknight1239 wrote:
Why not just play at a lower point level? I mean, it looks like you could have a decent 300-350pts list sitting in there.

Yeah, I suppose I could do. But 500 pts is generally considered the standard though.

Last edited by emre43 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

emre43 wrote:
Blackknight1239 wrote:

Yeah, I suppose I could do. I suppose that 500 pts is considered the standard though.

Oh me too. But I don't see any reason to give your opponent a bad match because you can't buy anymore. Works out better for both players, in my opinion.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Blackknight1239 wrote:
emre43 wrote:
Blackknight1239 wrote:

Yeah, I suppose I could do. I suppose that 500 pts is considered the standard though.

Oh me too. But I don't see any reason to give your opponent a bad match because you can't buy anymore. Works out better for both players, in my opinion.

But Rohan always comes up trumps when the odds are against them.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Battalia wrote:
As per your army, you really are not hero heavy enough to warrent the royal banner for Gamling.....(Nek minnit)... Right now, your biggest problem is you are too hero heavy and don't have enough foot soldiers.

Lol did no one notice that? But yeah anyway you should get some more warriors of rohan when you can.