All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:22 pm

Post subject: galadhrim knights
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey guys this is my first time posting. I am completly new to the lord of the rings GW game I have played GW other systems. Now I chose to start a elven force aand I picked up a box of galadhrim warriors and now I want to pick so knights. My problem is are the knights worth it and also what do you guys use as a leader of the warband for them thanks
Andrew
ps where can I find a legolas model because he is my favorite character in the lore as a whole :legolas:
 Post subject: Re: galadhrim knights
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:50 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

In my opinion (as a rohan player) Galadhrim calvery are overpriced for what you get unless... UNLESS you have a great board available to you with lots of "wooded" and "rough" terrain as their special rule allows them to move full (12") in those terrains and still keep their charge bonus. This advantage allows them to harass and hit and run an army bogged down by these terrain features. Remove these features and you have riders of rohan with elf bows at almost double the cost. (RoR = 13) (GK = 18-20) (son of eorl = 22). I would say pick them up, they may proove useful, but just like the knights of dol amroth, use caution with them as they suck up points quick!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I think galadhrim knights are great if you give them bow and shield.
They can keep up with your infantry while still shooting over the top of them!!
Moving through woodland is great as most GT tables have 2 or 3 wooded areas on them.
D5 is alright

As a regular user of dol amroth knights the trick is never spend too many points on them! Around 6 is useful in higher point games (700+).
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I quite agree with Battalia and cereal_theif- do pick them up, particularly if they interest you! The only cautionary word I have is don't think that they are invincible- use with caution, but when the time comes to put them into the midst of the fray- let the enemy have it!

As for picking up Legolas, you can find him online at GW's website, you could most likely find him on Amazon or ebay, or you could probably order him in from your local hobby store- the one on foot and mounted would probably be the most useful for you, seeing as you will have both cavalry and foot in the army.

As for leading the warband, Celeborn, imo, is brilliant for the fact that he can not only immobolize, but also cut his way through a great many things that get in front of him. Alternatively, Haldir and Rumil are worthy heroes in their own ways.