-Grimbold - 55
-6 Helmingas with shield - 48
-6 Helmingas with throwing spears and shield - 60

Warband 3 - 200
-Haldir with bow and heavy armour - 80
-8 Galadhrim with shield and spear - 80
-4 Galadhrim with Bow - 40

8 might - 35 units, 3 heros, 11 bows + 1 hero bow

These are all from the top of my head so I can't be sure my numbers are correct, just mostly sure :)

My plan is to ride around with my horsemen to scare my opponant meanwhile a rohan block of foot soldiers with elf spears secures the main objectives (s4 helmingas with elf spear = 2 s4 hits). As my helmingas fall, elf spears will replace them who can shield-win most fights alone, or can pair up with a helmingas to help add their F5 to win ties. Elf bows do what elf bows do, and Grimbold does what he does (which in my case usually means wins fights with a 2H wep and roll snake eyes to wound :yay: )

My origional idea was a full compliment of 36 units, but somehow my calculations came up 12 high so I cut a 14 point rider and added another TS to a helmingas (Can't cut a non-bow model at 24->23 if your maxed :( )

For a 600 point army, it's pretty basic, but I feel it could do the trick. If I was to move up to 700 I would start to add in extras such as sons, outriders, and maybe some guards of galad. Maybe even the new huntsman. What do you guys think?
 Post subject: Re: Rohan 600 point
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey buddy, i just ran your list through the new books and everything is spot on points wise.

One of the only drawbacks i've found with the new warband system is the overall "basic/generic" feel to most of the lists. Its still quite early to see how everything will play out, but most lists i've fielded/played against have basically been:

2 Captains with Shield Walls
Captain with Ranged Offensive capabilities
Small flanker (optional)

We'll see where the new books take us, all this to stay... don't worry about the list feeling vanilla! Evil obviously has some advantages, having access to cheaper troops/heroes allowing them to take the big and scaries!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for doing that for me 8)

Yea, its tough to justify the fun options while trying to stay competitive when you are spending your spare cash on the heros now. If I really wanted to, I could drop Haldir for a generic to save some points but 600 still doesn't leave alot of breathing room. Funny saying that as 600-800 used to be a large game for us, now the minimums are becoming 400-600 with the big games coming at 800-1000. Never thought I'd hit that so my paint brush has been going steady these days (not a bad thing :P ) 1 model a day is my goal for now. (translates to 2 hours of painting at my current standard.)

Evil does get all the goodies! Although my Rohirrim taught Isengard a lesson last game. 2nd turn, 6 rohan bows, 3 dead berserkers :D We men have a purpose, friends and family to protect. We will not falter in our duty!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Seems very good to me 8)