-mauhur
-8 marauders
-4 marauders with shields

warband 3
-ringwraith with horse (1m/8w/1f/)
-2 warg riders
-2 warg riders with throwing spears
-2 warg riders with bows

(30 troops, 3 heroes, 7m/10w/3f/ combined)

this is my first time on the forum and the first list ive created in years. could you help me by pointing out any weaknesses in the list. thanks :)
 Post subject: Re: 500p scout isenguard army
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Welcome!

A few members will tell you that Lurtz isn't worth it BUT I think he’s a mandatory leader for an uruk scout force. Although, I mainly play for fun and do not play competitively :)

I've never really thought about combining uruk scouts with upgraded marauders but it sounds like things could get confusing when trying to differentiate between the two types. You could simply say that all the uruk scouts with bows are normal uruk scouts (and to declare that all those with hand weapons are marauders) but see my next point:

A common tip that I do agree with is to avoid giving uruks regular bows. You’re keeping a STR4 model out of combat and with the new hobbit rules, shooting (especially for evil) isn't very effective. With speed on your side + bouncing around terrain I don’t think you need to include any bow armed models.

Shields are a must for warg riders and marauders.

Nice touch with the ringwraith on horse.

Good luck 8)

(Technically it's an Isengard/Mordor force hehe)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The main weakness I see is lack of numbers of attacks/ spear support. I would drop the throwing spears and the two warg riders with bows altogether for (4-5) orcs with spears. Also consider trading a number (3-4) uruk scouts with bows for a couple of feral uruks or berserkers.

MOLON LABE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ok I modified my list hows this
warband 1
-lurtz
-2 orcs with shields
-4 uruk-hai scouts with shields
-6 orcs with shields

warband 2
-mauhur
-8 marauders
-4 marauders with shields

warband 3
-ringwraith with horse (2m/10w/2f/)
-2 warg riders with shields
-2 warg riders with throwing spears and shields
-2 warg riders with bows

(30 troops, 3 heroes, 8m/12w/4f/ combined)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:46 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would ditch the bows on the last two Warg riders, give 'em shields and get them into combat fast. I would also give them throwing spears, people say they're not worth it, but you only need to kill one average enemy to pay them back, and seeing as you're getting them to charge as much as possible, with heroic moves if necessary, then they will always pay that back.
You always want at least two fate on a wraith, but seeing as he is leading cavalry, I would suggest dropping an Orc in the first Warband and giving him one more might.
Other than that, pretty solid list. Fast moving, no bow fire, but you have a good bit of magic to make that up, and with this list you're trying to get into combat fast anyway.

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I got a variation for you and its maybe more complex in the expense of 1 model

warband 1
-Lurtz
-5 uruk hai scouts with shield
-5 dunlending with shields

warband 2
-mauhur
-7 uruk hai scouts with shield
-4 uruk hai scouts

warband 3
1 named nazgul on armoured horse
- 5 warg riders with shields

total 500pts
(29 troops, 3 heroes, 6m + the nazgul, 2 will + the nazgul, 2 f + the nazgul)
now the trick for this is a cunny thing to choose which nazgul

I wouldn´t recommend the witch king cause hes way over the cost of any here to be effective unless you give him the stats with crown of morgul + armoured horse + 4 points to use anywhere (2might and 2 fate for example) he would be a beast in melee with 3 base attacks (4 on the charge vs foot soldiers)

The betrayer would be ok if you had poison weapons, but since you only benefit from his own *pseudo hasharin rule to re-roll to wound, which aint much)

The dark marshall seems an ok nazgul to get a living hard to kill banner and unlike banners this is double range than normal which can prove effective for your troops(not heroes)

The dwimmerlaik is the nazgul terror type of thing, he own no might which can be bad, but his skill is great to drain out heroes twice as fast and being a bubble of 12" hes quite flexible moving around on horse also hes the only nazgul with two handed weapon, which offers you variety on strikes if you wish.

Khamul can be interesting for a fight if you wanna drain yourself of will to get some of his stats increased by 1 and if he wounds stuff he regain the will lost. He can be flexible a bit more than a knight of Umber vs regular targets since your spending will to get for example 2 attacks(3 on the charge vs foot soldiers) getting 6 if you win the fight and probe and regaining the amount yof will you lost per wounds inflicted. He can match fight 6 models or make it a bit easier to wound targets.

The Knight of Umbar might be in my opinion one of my favourite choices here, he can be nasty switching mimic of any value of anything for free which makes him better than khamul for that purpose, although his skills are much based of what he fight against. He got another nice skill that if he wins the fight hes in, he dont lose that will which is so precious to him and of course of al the nazguls you can choose he have a nice store of might/will/fate (3/14/2)

The shadowlord got his own uses 2, protecting from something your army lack at, bows...enemy units finding themselves hard to hit with bows will have to relie in majority on melee which can balance the things a bit more in your favour for having squishier unit types.

The tainted is ok, hes probably the only nazgul that legolas can 1 shoot him if he misses his fate roll, I dont see him much needed on your list unlike you munch your oponent and already force him to make courage tests silencing their generals and such. the ability on take 1 wound on a 6 its tricky 1 and I wouldnt recommend you

The undying is your primary spell caster, he gain will per sucesfull cast of other heroes around him and he can use will as fate points (of his store of 20)

This is the choice I would recommend you, getting a nazgul with name to play tricky on your oponent.