All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Post subject: 650 Harad/Easterling list
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello, I am new to the Hobbit:SBG and I am building a Harad/Easterling Force consisting of 650 points. I have written up my first list and would like criticism and suggestions to help Improve my army. Also if you have any advice/tactics on how to use my force effectively against each faction or just general tips that would be appreciated.

My Army list currently consists of:

Warband 1:
The Betrayer w/ Horse (Leader)
5 Easterling Kataphracts w/ Banner

Warband 2:
Easterling Warpriest
6 Easterling Warriors w/ Pike and Shield
6 Easterling Warriors w/ Sword and Shield

Warband 3:
Haradrim Taskmaster
6 Haradrim Warriors w/ Spears
6 Haradrim Warriors w/ Bows

Warband 4:
Haradrim Chieftan w/ Bow
3 Black Numenorians w/ 2 Venomblades and 1 Castellan of Umbar plus Venomblades
6 Haradrim Warriors w/ Bows

By my calculations that should be 649 points of Harad and Eastern Kingdoms. If you have anything to say that may Improve this list in anyway, or would like to suggest tactics that I could use with this list be sure to comment.

Last edited by Claksack on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: 650 Harad/Easterling list
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I have a site rule to impress upon you when working with lists here. For legal reasons of some sort the site admins have asked us to not post points totals smaller then a single warband. If you would edit your post to not give unit point costs that would be great.

Now about the lists itself. Well I am not sure its entirely legal in a number of places. Firstly I don't believe the Betrayer is in the eastern kingdoms so he shouldn't be able to lead units from the list. Harad and the easterlings also count their bow limit separately so, even with the harad special rule, your bow limits is to high for your haradrim. Furthermore the troops in the game can only have one upgrade given to them so mixing venom blades with castellan's of Umbar is not possible.

Your wrath problem can be solved by just swapping out the Betrayer for Kamul but fixing the others will mean altering the list a bit. You would move to a 700 point list and add some more black numenorians to your last warband to even the bow limit out. Though that would only work in they are part of the harad special 50% bow limit thing and that fact escapes me just now. If they are you'd be fine if not consider another band of spear and bowmen instead. Oh and one last thing if you can find the points to give your bowmen spears you'll be better of for it in the long run, it makes the unit more flexible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I got the chance to check and now the black numenorians are not part of the harad 50% bow special rule so you will only be able to run 33% of your haradrim with bows if you keep them in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:12 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok, the points have been taken out. With all this info, I would like to probably go pure Eastern Kingdoms to start my hobby and extend into making a joint harad/easterling army later on.

Thanks for the info, I'll try to write up a Eastern Kingdoms list soon. Plus most of my models I have so far are Easterlings.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have betrayer and he isnt very good definitely knight of umbar ahead of him when u start harad.