All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:20 pm

Post subject: Useing the Mumak
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I had a tough game using my new Mumak. Was wondering what is best way to play it. Should I put elite troops in the hadow with repelling lines. Or take the beast master upgrade or any other particular upgrades.
 Post subject: Re: Useing the Mumak
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:22 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The "best" way to use the mumak depends upon whom you are fighting.
If you are up against a superior fighting force then I would spend points on upgrades and elites + repelling lines.
If you are fighting "lesser" troops and week heros and are winning the trample away!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah the battle was against Prince Imrahil and his knights .With Eomer and the rohirrim as there allies.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:07 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

My opinion is that just filling the Howdah with ranged troops is the way to go, not sure why you would bother with the rappelling lines as you can just set up as close to the Mumak as you want anyway. Get another force on the ground to prevent them from running away in the case of Rohan, while you shoot mounts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:14 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'd only take about 6 warriors with bows within the Howdah so you can be sure they all have a line of sight and are allowed to shoot.
You have a problem fighting cavallary, because of their high movement. I'd place cheap warrior in front of it so you prevent it from get attacked and than move over your warriors.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Frêrin wrote:
I'd only take about 6 warriors with bows within the Howdah so you can be sure they all have a line of sight and are allowed to shoot.
You have a problem fighting cavallary, because of their high movement. I'd place cheap warrior in front of it so you prevent it from get attacked and than move over your warriors.

Lol yeah what else are warriors of harad for right. I'll probably take more bows in the howdah next time. I had something like 4 with bows and four with spear and the spearmen did next to nothing two did however fall to their deaths.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hodush wrote:
My opinion is that just filling the Howdah with ranged troops is the way to go, not sure why you would bother with the rappelling lines as you can just set up as close to the Mumak as you want anyway. Get another force on the ground to prevent them from running away in the case of Rohan, while you shoot mounts.

Yeah wouldn't take the rappelling ropes again. Thought it was a cool game mechanic . :roll:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I've read countless bits of advise saying take Beast master and tough hide. I haven't tried it yet but makes sense. I did always wanna see how the rocks would work just for fun. If you hit all you need is 4s to kill most units.

And yeah you troops struggled probably just because of cavalry.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:39 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

For myself I've always ran the Mumak with a full Howdah of archers. It's a nice mobile platform that allows your archers to be more useful all game. Tough hide, beast master, And above all Tusk weapons are the best upgrades to get. Never put CQC troops in the Howdah, It's a waste of points to purchase the repelling lines to just move them up slightly faster

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Question: Don't you have to fallow bow limits, including scorpions sting??
If so, then I would be limited to six bowmen, right? Then the next Question: What do I place for the remaining six spaces?
This is where you must look at what the mission objective will be, whom you will be fighting, terrain, and opponent's play style. Most of the upgrades are not normally needed, however, tusk weapons and tough hide never go out of style. Add war paint if vs. a wizard.
Beast-master? Is he worth it? His mandatory exposure is too big of a risk, imho.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:03 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

First Ager Smith wrote:
Question: Don't you have to fallow bow limits, including scorpions sting??
If so, then I would be limited to six bowmen, right? Then the next Question: What do I place for the remaining six spaces?
This is where you must look at what the mission objective will be, whom you will be fighting, terrain, and opponent's play style. Most of the upgrades are not normally needed, however, tusk weapons and tough hide never go out of style. Add war paint if vs. a wizard.
Beast-master? Is he worth it? His mandatory exposure is too big of a risk, imho.

Scorpion sting and other bow limits apply to your entire force. Not individual Warbands so you're free to have 12 archers in the Howdah, so long as you have ample other units in your army

And sure your driver becomes more exposed but the option to call heroic moves is well worth it IMO

MiniWargaming