All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:28 pm

Post subject: Trolls Camp fire worth the points?/Trolls discussion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:59 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ive been tinkering with hero/big cost armies, because Im going to a tournament in March where you have a 750 pt, 20 model limit.

For those of you who dont know, the Three trolls go as follow:

BILL(Main bad guy)- 1 will, courage 4
TOM(Probably most bland, but 2nd power wise)- 1 will, courage 4
BURT(Goofy Chef)- 3 will, courage 3 (but he needs his will for an important special rule

Ok, so the campfire is only 15 points. Its rules go as follows-

After forces deploy, but before first turn, place the Campfire any where on the board, except for good deployment zone. All of them get Resistant to Magic, and +1 courage if they are within 6".

This to me, almost seems like a must in this sort of battle. There def will be plenty of magic, and higher courage always helps with terror enemies.

The final thing that clutches it are the scenarios. One is pretty much the high ground in the middle, another is stealing the one ring from the middle of the map, and the other is death match.

So, discuss that or the trolls in general. I know a lot of people dont have them so if you wanna ask me, ive played with them at least a half dozen times.

Post subject: Re: Trolls Camp fire worth the points?/Trolls discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i would take it every time, i use the three trolls sometimes and it is great, even if it just provides cove for them to hide behind. it is less usefull if you only play the trolls and nothing else because you cannot be broken, but still worth it.

as for the trolls i have won 4 times with them lost 2 times with them and drawn once with them ( the draw was because we got into an argument over the fact that in the film tom is the weakest one and has the cold and the match was postponed to watch the film).

they are all great because the problems that trolls have is heroic strikes and being trapped, however herouc strikes can be countered (or sneezed at) and if you trap them you either get caught by a magic purse or squished to jelly.
 Post subject: Re: Trolls Camp fire worth the points?/Trolls discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah man they have some outstanding rules. Thanks for the advice. Finally someone said something hahaha.

And funny story about your draw! Postponed to watch the Hobbit lolol