All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:17 pm

Post subject: Harad 500 Points
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:59 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I’m just getting into (back into kind of) the hobby and I want to make a competitive list. I own Suladin foot/mtd, 1x Hasharin, 1x Cheiftain, 1x Taskmaster (converted) 16x Watchers of Karna and plenty of Warriors w/ Spear or Bow. I’m planning to do conversions for serpent guard and am willing to spend some money but I am not 100% sold on buying Abrakhan guard (though if I had them I would likely use them) so I might want to take them out of this list.
Here is what I’m thinking:

Suladin Mounted
Abrakhan Guard x5
Serpent Guard x5

Taskmaster
10x Watcher of Karna w/ bow
1x Warrior of Harad w/ bow (I only have 16x Watchers anyways)

Haradrim Cheiftain (I considered Corsair Cpt for f5, but I don’t want to spend the money for one, plus it’s thematically scummy)
6x Watcher of Karna w/ bow
6x Serpent Guard

36 Models, 17 Bows, 7 Might, Almost entirely f4 (AGs are supported)

Some other thoughts include:
---Moving 2x ABs and 2x SGs from Suladin’s warband to the Cheiftain’s warband to spread out my S4 at the expense of losing warband consistancy/ what it wants to do (kite and shoot vs charge).
---If I split my warbands my Cheiftain will likely be on its own so I want it filled out and able to operate solo. This is also why the possibility of having my Chieftain lead the archers and give him a bow is unattractive - ---I want to keep Suladin and the Taskmaster together.
Should I give my Cheiftain a spear? If he is supporting Watchers of Karna it’s still 3 attacks and he can, from the backlines, heroic move backward and is also covered from fire.
 Post subject: Re: Harad 500 Points
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Surely a nice skirmish-focused force. No suggestions just give it a try and post here a feedback :) My only concern is the case you will face a heavy cavalry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I'd highly recommend Abrakhan Guard, in CQC they are absolutely devastating with their +1 to wound w/o any penalty. They chop through even Dwarves with ease

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Valadorn wrote:
Surely a nice skirmish-focused force. No suggestions just give it a try and post here a feedback :) My only concern is the case you will face a heavy cavalry.

What do you mean by heavy? Like heavy as opposed to light or do you mean all mounted?

Either way, hes got 16 model that are fight 4 and 2 attacks....Theres not many cavalry, especially in large numbers that can oppose him.

Unless someone takes all mounted Knights of Rivendell, he wont be out fought or out shot.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

First of all, thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it. :)

Valadorn wrote:

In the sense that I will get outmaneuvered (flanking or objectives) or that the will hit my lines and occupy my archers and I will have difficulty killing them while the main force closes in? (or something like that). I considered having one or two Serpent Riders for maneuvering purposes, but I would have to drop quite a few models for this and I fear it would just give juicy targets to shoot at (but I don't really know, I don't have much experience actually playing, more of a theory crafting angle). They would also help Suladin not get flanked if he wants to charge the full distance though.

JamesR wrote:
I'd highly recommend Abrakhan Guard, in CQC they are absolutely devastating with their +1 to wound w/o any penalty. They chop through even Dwarves with ease

Noted 8) , I will probably pick these up then, or at least 3 of them. Dwarves (or any heavily armored model) are what most concerns me in this force since S2 bows, and only S3 troops without AG.

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:

Unless someone takes all mounted Knights of Rivendell, he wont be out fought or out shot.....

Is this something I need to worry about or just a joke? xD haha. Either way I am mildly concerned about a shoot out with maxed out crossbow uruks though, now that I think about it.