All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:25 pm

Post subject: A few lists for this Upcoming Tuesday
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:49 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello all, so I'd like a little feedback on a few lists for a few factions I plan on running for a day of gaming this upcoming Tuesday, as a note the group is fairly competitve at all games we play. ( though I'd like to carry themes in my lists)

First off

** Durin's Folk 750

Balin ( axe)
- 6 x Khazad Guard
- 2 x Iron Guard

Floi 70  (166 )
- 6 x Khazad Guard
- 2 x Iron Guard

Gimli 90 ( 186)
- 6 x Khazad Guard
- 2 x Iron guard

Kings Champion
- 2 x Kings Champion shield bearers
- 5 x Khazad Guard
- 1 x Warrior
- 2 x Iron Guard

** Harad 750

The Golden king
12 x Abrakhan Guard

Knight of Umbar (horse )
- 4 x Haradrim Raiders ( war spear / bow)
- 5 x Serpent Riders

Haradrim chief
- 6 x watchers ( bow)
- 4 x haradrim ( spear )
- 2 x Haradrim

Haradrim Chief
- 6 x watchers ( bow)
- 6 x Haradrim ( spear )

** Harad 500

2 x Haradrim Chief
- 6 watchers (bow )
- 6 haradrim ( spear)

1 x Mahud King ( war spear , Camel)
- 5 x Serpent Riders

any comments and critiques welcome, Thankw for taking a look!
 Post subject: Re: A few lists for this Upcoming Tuesday
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:53 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Your harad list looks good, altrough your break point is very low.

Post subject: Re: A few lists for this Upcoming Tuesday
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I don't play Dwarves, but I would think that some Grim Hammers with throwing weapons supported by Warriors of Erebor with spears would help.

I do play 750 point Harad and experience has shown that the first on the list should be the Knight of Umbar on Fell Beast. This effectively gives you a monster with Might and Magic, which is always good . He can be used to fly over enemy lines and hurl a warrior to take out the spear support, combining this with an heroic Combat enables him to fly back to safety behind your own lines. The Fell Beast helps as well when being shot at as more often the Fell Beast gets hit, similarly in combat most opponents target the Fell Beast rather then the Knight of Umbar. This is good as Ringwraiths only have one Wound. All in all he is very versatile when on a Fell Beast.

I would also add a Taskmaster as he can effectively give free Might, which is so important. Might is often key to winning games which is why you see Alfrid in all sorts of Good lists.

There is a problem with your foot Warriors, there are no Fight 5 troops to win that drawn Duel, the spear lines have no Strength 4 troops to kill defence 6 and no Defence higher than 4, to survive those hits.

I would add Reavers, with their Fight 5 and two Attacks they are a must, especially if you convert them with axes so that they can use Piercing Strike. Everybody hates them because they are so dangerous. I would also use Serpent Guard or even Mahud Warriors as spear support to give that Strength 4 hit. You could add Black Numenoreans for their Defence 6. But against hiding Mirkwood Rangers the best bet is to back off and hide yourself.

The Watchers of Karna with bow are very good as are the Merchant Guard. As for cavalry I am not so sure, yes they have the war spear, but their defence is just so low that they have poor survivability. I would go for the camel riding Mahud Raiders, they have Defence 5, Strength 4, war spear and that impale to give them the edge.

Half Trolls deserve a mention, but their high cost is a problem, and heroes eat them for breakfast.