All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:28 pm

Post subject: Need help with Durin's Folk!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So I had an idea for a kings champion and having a shield bearer in his company mostly just for the in defense of the king rule he has I was wondering is this is really a Viable tactic or not I am very new to this game and am trying to assemble my dwarven force
 Post subject: Re: Need help with Durin's Folk!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Personally I love the shieldbearer model as it adds a lot of tactical options in the thick of fighting, I've never used him with a kings champion before and I'd imagine the only issue may be keeping him within 3" for his special rule and not getting in the way of the KC's Herald. Whether or not your idea is viable depends on the points and the game type, for example in low points games you're going to want your shieldbearer leading troops to keep your already low model count up say 750pts or lower (at a guess) anything above that you could include him on his own. Then on the game type, in a low pts game you're going to want to put your shieldbearer warband with the KC's to make use of his rule but this might not be practical in some guys where you need to spread your army out more? Hope this helps