All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:18 pm

Post subject: Harad 1000pts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:03 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I might be doing a ame vs dwarves in which he can field around 100 dwarves or so, he dont have very named big characters though,mainly dwarf captains, gimli, balin with durin´s axe and such rate of heroes.

Been wondering:

War Mumak of Harad with Sigils of defiance
10 warriors of Karna with bow
2 warriors wih abrakhan

Warband 4
War Mumak of Harad with Sigils of Defiance
10 warriors of Karna with bow
2 warriors wih abrakhan

why warriors of abrakan?
- those got courage 4 and will be the models close to the commander on top, they dont have the same benefits of the overall model, but will have same courage rate which got better chances to avoid stampede.

why warriors of karna?
- i know the watchers with bow are +1 point and got +1A +2 courage vs terror and magic resist
- but then mumak got sigil which do the same so it got kinda mitigated.
- they are not ment to go down the mumak anyway as they dont even have ropes, there just there for the 3+ shooting which makes 2A irrelevant
- they have 6+ "fury" save anyway which should make like 2 saves every 12 wounds on the crew.

im still wondering if taking 2 of these beasts will be usefull... and still need to organize the remain list
 Post subject: Re: Harad 1000pts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:07 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Two mumaks! Good on you. Have you considered putting the Mahud Commander on the Mumaks? 3 might is awesome for heroic moves and C5 for the stampede checks is always useful, but as you said your Abrakhan warriors could mitigate this. I'm not sure about the sigils as in pure dwarves he won't have any magic and the 6+ is not great, but they are cool to paint. I'd keep the warriors of karna, they're great for a mumak crew.

As for the rest of the force I would go for cav, a mix of Serpent Riders and normal Raiders with bows if you have the models. Get a king on horse (or Suladan if you've got the points) in to lead them, maybe with a bow and definitely the war spear. Reason I say a mix is that the F4 of the Guard is a god-send against the all-F4 dwarf army and the bows will enable you to kite your opponent: move 5" isn't doing him any favours and he won't be able to catch you in an advantageous situation if you play it right. Tactics wise try to run through as many of his elites (if he has any) with the mumaks, particularly iron guard, and shoot the lowest defense dwarves. When his formation is broken up bring in the cavalry to mop up loose dwarves, make sure you've got F4 in every fight. The War Spears should bring even the tough little stunties down. Hope this helps and good luck in your game!