All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:24 pm

Post subject: Goblin Town Army 700
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:05 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So, I was thinking about a horde Goblin Town army. What do you think would be better for 700 points?

Goblin King
Scribe
Grinnah
4x Goblin Captains
84x Goblins

or

Scribe
Grinnah
6x Goblin Captains
96x Goblins

Sadly, there is no why to get a banner or war horn without some allies. Maybe hunter orcs?
What are your thoughts? Would something like this be good in a tournament? What would it have trouble with?

Thanks
Hawkes001
 Post subject: Re: Goblin Town Army 700
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I personally like your first list because the Goblin King is in it. He is practically essential for a Goblin Town army since he is the only really good hero they have physically. However, if your going to go for the numbers game on the second list, then you really need to get some Shamans or a Warhorn (or drum). A break test will demolish your army. Also, Terror causing armies will not care if you have hundreds of goblins, since your army wont engage them. I highly recommend shamans.

To get this, the Hunter Orcs are not a bad bet. They give the banner and a Warhorn which both would really boost your force. Just remember that a ringwraith will easily negate both of these. A drum would stay out of their area of effect.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:45 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would recommend something like the first list, but with at least two Moria Goblin Shamen, and possibly Gollum if you want to ditch a few goblins. He's a fantastic assassin.

Try:
Goblin King
12x Goblins
Scribe
12x Goblins
Grinnah
12x Goblins
2x Captains
24x Goblins
2x Shamen
12x Moria Goblins, Shield
Gollum

Never gonna run around and
Desert you
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Definitely the first one. Also gross. :P

This would be sickeningly good in a tournament. The whole army supports itself. The leader is nigh unkillable. The Scribe messes with their backfield. And even though you lose a lot of fights, even S4 will still need 4's to kill a goblin. And to even break the force the opponent will need to kill 47 models, essentially that means winning 94 fights throughout the game.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You could ally in Dark Marshall for his banner effect, and some easy spellcasting towards enemy heroes. He should then be used as a supporting unit, and should also be placed on a horse in order to increase his movement and banner range!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Hawkes001 wrote:
So, I was thinking about a horde Goblin Town army. What do you think would be better for 700 points?

Goblin King
Scribe
Grinnah
4x Goblin Captains
84x Goblins

or

Scribe
Grinnah
6x Goblin Captains
96x Goblins

Sadly, there is no why to get a banner or war horn without some allies. Maybe hunter orcs?
What are your thoughts? Would something like this be good in a tournament? What would it have trouble with?

Thanks
Hawkes001

Goblin King is an absolute must. Ive used him several times and hes a maniac, and the only real punch you have. Also, you need a leader.

My bet would be to do as many Goblins and Captains as you can with the King involved. Idk how the numbers work out but Ive never liked the scribe much. Gets confusing imo with breaking limits and keep track and might distract you from the objectives.