Dwalin
2 Dwarves of erebor with shield
9 Dwarves of erebor with spear

Warband 4
Oin, Champion of Erebor

6pts left

Might: 6
models: 37

Its a very sturdy armoured list, its a basic shield wall...
10 vault warden teams form the center line they close themselves in circle and supported by the king´s champion heralds banners (2x banners) to provide a big re-rollable banner effect.
In case I face off things that reduce my courage, the shieldbearer will keep the dwarves at minimum fail courage tests, he will nominate an hero to protect and as I fight in a close rank formation I will ensure I get multiple models in the same fight to get more heroic fights and allowing me to cut down the enemy.
Why I got so many spears? the rule for the shieldbearer say he must be supported by a spear wielding model else he suffer a -1 to win fights.... I got plenty spears around and the only diference is that the vault wardens unlike erebor got S4 meaning I dont necesarily need the S4 spear to support an S4 shield model, I can work out around formations and if need be spread out my S4 factor around the shieldwall with balance.

As my final tricks I got the badass king´s champion, he will likely gonna get higher defence most of the time as this army will fight in tight formations its likely im gonna be swarmed.
To help on his task, dwalin joins the fray, nothing like a really nasty dwarf for a fight, his spank expertize will prove great.
As a final touch, Oin, champion of erebor will prove important to heal my nasty melee heroes and at times allow anything nearby him to re-roll a dice to win combat in case I need to ge the banner effect a bit more "extended" for a brief period of time. Hes the champion for erebor for a few more points cause I think the D8 and shield usage gonna make him particulary sturdy to kill...

What you guys think of this :P
The only downside is the shooting, I should had prob included some dwarf rangers with longbows..
 Post subject: Re: Durin´s Folk 700pts of unusuall and trying competitive
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Monsters will be the bane of this list with the brutal power attacks. Rend will remove the Iron Shields deffence, hurl will be a pain as usual, and barge will allow monsters to push through your lines with ease. Also Sorcerous blast, knocking your Iron Shields into your squishier back rank will be a neuscence.

I imagine this list will look awesome on the table, so I'm all for it. the heroes will do all the hard work while the rest of the army just spends it's time not dying. Some armies will absolutley trash it, others will find it impossible to break through. its very much a one tactic force too, so grabbing objectives may prove tough.