All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:34 pm

Post subject: The Beasts of Angmar
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So I have an idea for an army based upon the various Beasts and other dark creatures that inhabit Angmar, such as Wargs, Vampires, and Werewolves. The general idea of the army was to have as much of these dark denizens as possible, without taking any orcs or goblins or spirits or the sort. In fact, despite the possibility of him being good in this list, I explicitly ignored Druzhag because I wanted to stay as close to the fluff as possible. Anyways, here's the list:

Warband 1: Moria
Wild Warg Chieftain (Leader)
- 2x Dweller in the Dark
- 2x Bat Swarm

Warband 2: Denizens of the Dark
- 45x Fell Warg

Essentially its just a Warg spam list with some monsters to back them up. The Dwellers are fast enough to keep pace - somewhat - with the Warg pack. There are a few variations: take more Dwelers, and/or take more Bats, but all can drastically reduce the model count. (To put it in perspective, a Dweller or Chieftain is 8.33 Fell Wargs, and a Bat Swarm is 3.88 Fell Wargs.)

Anyone have any suggestions for changes? Anything else you think I could add, or take away? As said in my opener, I would like to avoid things like Druzhag, or Warg Riders; I'd rather like to stay in the theme of a pack of monsters, even if Druzhag and others would benefit the army well. However, feel free to suggest such lists if you really feel the addition is needed.
 Post subject: Re: The Beasts of Angmar
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

spread wargs into several warbands win your deployment as putting the vital units in the last after eeing the enemy deployment.

also would highly suggest spiders spider queen and shelob
 Post subject: Re: The Beasts of Angmar
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Galanur wrote:
spread wargs into several warbands win your deployment as putting the vital units in the last after eeing the enemy deployment.

also would highly suggest spiders spider queen and shelob

Can I break the Wargs into several warband? So far as I was aware you could o ky ever take 1 warband from the Denezins of the Dark, but it could be limitless in size. I don't really remember though, as I do not have the DoS book with the Denezins of the Dark army list. This was just what a friend told me.

Otherwise, I kinda like the idea of the spiders, but if I did spiders I'd rather them be the whole list, rather than an element of it. I've seen the Spider list in action several times and its lovely, and I want to build it myself. However I did think of including some Mirkwoods in this list; it wouldn't be too bad, and a nice way to apply some counter to monsters and Heroes while still keeping in theme...though Bat Swarms already serve that purpose...so... But amyways, any suggestions on lists with spiders in them though are totaly welcome. I'm kinda at a loss on really how to include some of them. Shelob would be an easy one: drop 10 Fell Wargs. Throwing the Spider Queen and some spiders in there though? That's a lot less Wargs, or perhaps some missing Dwellers and Bats.