All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:15 am

Post subject: 800 pts Isengard / All hero lists
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello,
an 800 points tournament is coming and I'm working on some lists for it. I will take two forces, good and evil. I know that for sure there will be some DoS scenarios played, although I don't yet know the details.

As for the Evil, I'm taking my new Isengard army.

W1
Saruman (horse) Leader
4 Berserkers
2 Uruk-Hai (pikes)
1 Feral UH

W2
UH Shaman (armour)
4 Berserkers
2 UH (pikes)
2 Warg Riders (shield)

W3
UH Captain (heavy armour, shield)
4 Berserkers
3 UH (pikes)

W4
Vrasku
11 UH (crossbows, pikes)

W5
Grima

38 models, which is not great, but they're all pretty good units. I consider switching 3 pikes for 2 bersekers, but I'm a bit worried about the numbers and I fear that not all the bersekers will be able to get into the combat in one turn.
Also, I don't need 4 heroes to lead warbands, so it's possible that I'm supposed to exchange the captain for something else. Shagrat maybe? A budget wraith?h

--------

As for the Good, I have been looking to playing an all-hero list for a while now and finally I think it will be suitable for the next tournament; I feel like all-hero could do well in DoS scenarios.
It started out as a Thorin's Comapny, and then It evolved quite a bit. Here's my idea:

W1
Thorin (pony, the Oakenshield, Orcrist)
Dwalin (pony)
Dori (pony)
Bombur (pony)

W2
Saruman the White (horse) Leader
Legolas (horse, armour)

W3
Beorn

The hardest part was choosing between Beorn and Radagast on Eagle; the wizard gives me more tactical flexibility and works well with Bombur, and Beorn on the other hand provides sheer power. However, considering that I know I'm going to play only versus Evil with this list (because I'm taking two armies) I think Beorn will perform better, cause a) he doesn't care about the wraiths as much as Raddy does, and b) beacause I need long hurls to cope with evil's big numbers.
What do you think about the hero selection? Is there enough power there? How can I improve these?

Any comments will be much appreciated, especially backed up by explanations. I'm very interested in your opinion, I have to say that these are not the armies that I usually play, so I'm curious how would they perform. Thank you.